DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Drone'ing

jaguar75

Reactions
Hi All,

I have been racking my brain for the last few weeks researching drones and watching Youtube videos and reviews and have narrowed my pending purchase to 3 drones...
1) Halo Pro (3rd choice)
2) P4P Obsidian (2nd Choice)
3) Mavic Platinum (Current Lead Choice)

My main concern with DJI is the abysmal reviews of their customer service. The only issue I have really seen on the Mavics are the gimbal stability...have you guys encountered problems with this? I am also looking at doing a "bundle" purchase on Amazon, are there any pitfalls with this? Thank you guys for your feedback...

I am also looking at doing a "bundle" purchase on Amazon, are there any pitfalls with this?
You can save some cash if you're going to use everything in the bundle. Otherwise, maybe try pricing out what you need separately to see if it's a better deal.

FYI, I have a list of authorized DJI dealers selling MPPs on Amazon here:

Buy A DJI Mavic (Deals Updated Daily)

Last edited:
Hi All,

I have been racking my brain for the last few weeks researching drones and watching Youtube videos and reviews and have narrowed my pending purchase to 3 drones...
1) Halo Pro (3rd choice)
2) P4P Obsidian (2nd Choice)
3) Mavic Platinum (Current Lead Choice)

My main concern with DJI is the abysmal reviews of their customer service. The only issue I have really seen on the Mavics are the gimbal stability...have you guys encountered problems with this? I am also looking at doing a "bundle" purchase on Amazon, are there any pitfalls with this? Thank you guys for your feedback...
Howdy from Wyoming @jaguar75 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

msinger's suggestions are good. I opted to buy all my accessories individually so I could choose exactly what I wanted, model, style, etc., as I studied options, shopped. I have not needed a charging hub, choosing to just charge my batteries individually with no issues. I got a better carrying bag than I've seen in bundles. While Amazon is a good choice, I think you can also avoid any "service" issues by buying from local USA DJI dealers. The local stores usually are more concerned about their customers' needs than the manufacturer on the other side of the world. If you buy from a DJI dealer you would likely get better support later if you have any kind of problem since you are already their customer.

Thank you guys for the feedback thus far, greatly appreciated. The retailers you are talking about like Best Buy? What bag/case did you get? Do anyof you guys have Gimbal problems?

Best Buy is an okay place to buy from since they are an authorized DJI dealer. You'll pay tax though.

Hi Bunny Too,

I bet you get some beautiful flying in Wyoming. I am from down on da Bayou (South Louisiana).
We get a lot of wind up here (60 mph is not unusual) and we still manage to have mosquitoes; but there are days that are just perfect too.

Thank you guys for the feedback thus far, greatly appreciated. The retailers you are talking about like Best Buy? What bag/case did you get? Do anyof you guys have Gimbal problems?
This is the shoulder bag I got. It was only $19 and works like a champ. Holds everything, easy to carry around. But I see it is discontinued. This is what I mean about finding your own stuff, just like you want it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTRWYRU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I have decided that I am going to stop reading the reviews as I have made up my mind that I am going to purchase the MPP and not do a bundle and just do A-la-cart and everything I want is $45 more than a bunch of stuff I dont want.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998