DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie flyer in coastal Britain

trickywoo

Reactions
Hi all, thanks for having me.

New drone flyer- MM - here in Margate, Kent, with a wealth of coastline to explore.

A few of short films under the belt already (see them here) and I have to say the mavic min is such a cool little thing with enormous capabilities!

Yes, itching for a bigger better drone already (would love to do some seasonal 8k hyperlapse of our local tidal pool, for example), but having it in a pocket and (potentially) with more room for experimentation and play if and when new rules come in, I'm a happy flyer with it! Really like seeing what other people do with theirs for inspiration on types of shot / edits, and love when the footage is given a 'story' too, as well as seeing things from a different perspective.

Hi all, thanks for having me.

New drone flyer- MM - here in Margate, Kent, with a wealth of coastline to explore.

A few of short films under the belt already (see them here) and I have to say the mavic min is such a cool little thing with enormous capabilities!

Yes, itching for a bigger better drone already (would love to do some seasonal 8k hyperlapse of our local tidal pool, for example), but having it in a pocket and (potentially) with more room for experimentation and play if and when new rules come in, I'm a happy flyer with it! Really like seeing what other people do with theirs for inspiration on types of shot / edits, and love when the footage is given a 'story' too, as well as seeing things from a different perspective.
Welcome to the forum from across the pond here in the US. Happy and safe flying!

Really like seeing what other people do with theirs for inspiration on types of shot / edits, and love when the footage is given a 'story' too, as well as seeing things from a different perspective.

Welcome ;)

I'd love to see a thing (not sure if it can be done on here) where a handful of editors are all given the same unedited raw footage and see what they come up with, and how different eyes/minds see things!

Welcome ;)

I'd love to see a thing (not sure if it can be done on here) where a handful of editors are all given the same unedited raw footage and see what they come up with, and how different eyes/minds see things!
I used to teach editors, tape ops, etc at the BBC. And had a training company doing the same - we used to do this - and also give everyone the same brief (shoot a 30" promo for the same local coffee shop, for example) and it was amazing to see what people came out with!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

welcome to the forum ,i hope your bank balance knows just what an addictive hobby you have set out on, but hey its great fun ,i love it

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

New drone flyer- MM - here in Margate, Kent, with a wealth of coastline to explore. A few of short films under the belt already (see them here)
Nice videos, trickywoo! I didn't know "Into the Woods" meant into the woods... :)
I've recently purchased a MM too and I hope to build the video skills I see in your work. Happy flying

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be fooled by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera.

Be careful flying in wind. Many of us have lost our Minis due to high winds. Read the manual, and practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you’ll crash and perhaps lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

I hope DJI updates the Fly App with larger fonts to make it easier to read. Some of our members have trouble with it. Also, you might consider hacking the FCC mode. It will give you higher signal strength and better protection from lost connection.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City. As some one has already mentioned, please read the manual, about RTH 3 features in depth. 3 features, smart RTH, Fail safe, and Low Battery RTH. Something to know about RTH button,
if you touch it again, drone stops immediately. Except in Low Battery RTH, if you do not stop RTH before 10 seconds runs out. You should not take my word for it, check it out yourself in the manual. Also, check out Mavic Help and Mavic Tips. Let your fingers do the walking, lots of very useful info, you can check out at your leisure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31