DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie here

Aij615

Reactions
Hi guys, I’ve just ordered me a Mavic Pro Platinum arriving on Thursday, so excited

All I’ve been doing is watching you tube related videos etc. They look awesome and it’s a hobby I’ve started to fall in love with.

Can’t wait to take her out on the test run, I’m in Tamworth, staffordshire

Reactions: Bobby Brown
Welcome to the forum! :)

Well I googled UK drone community forum and Ta-Da it brought me here to you fine people.

Any licenses or insurance in need etc,

welcom to the forum you need to be aware of the rules regs for flying in the UK go on the CAA websight and it will tell you what you need to know i posted a thread called for all you new pilots in general discussions have a look it might help you there are plenty of others on the forum who will be only to happy to help if you get stuck happy flying

Last edited:
Appreciate that thank you, gonna have so much fun with this but any tonioerate safely and within the law.

With great power comes great responsibility

Hi from Merseyside. Have a great time, looking forward to seeing your videos. Take care and catch you later. Peter

Well I googled UK drone community forum and Ta-Da it brought me here to you fine people.

Any licenses or insurance in need etc,

Hello from the U.K. There are currently NO licences required to fly as a hobby flyer in the U.K. just follow the CAA drone regulations which are simple.
Basics are
1. No higher than 400ft above ground level.
2. Keep visual line of site with your drone. (Looking at the screen while its 1 mile away doesn’t count)
3. No nearer than 164 feet to buildings or people not under your control.
4. Don’t fly nearer than 492 feet over crowds or congested areas. (As the height limit is 400 feet, that’s gonna be tricky!!)
You can find public liability insurance thro either the BMFA (British model flyers association) but it’s not mandatory or contact any insurance broker.
Compulsory registration of drones will be implemented on the 30 Nov 2019 and all pilots will be required to take a simple online test to ensure understanding of the rules.
Don’t fall for the websites that offer registration etc, for a fee of course, they are just snake oil sellers.
Finally, you are in a lovely part of the U.K. for flying, there are many of us in your part of the U.K., enjoy the hobby.

Welcome to the site. I flew my first drone in late November, and found this forum to be the best source of practical information, along with Youtube. I've found this crowd a little friendlier and more prone to be helpful. Some forum's are filled with mommy's basement a-holes that love to tear you down. Not so much here.

There are lots of us newbies here, so be sure to share your experiences and what you learn from your mistakes. Have fun, and be prepared for the addiction.

Welcome to the site. I flew my first drone in late November, and found this forum to be the best source of practical information, along with Youtube. I've found this crowd a little friendlier and more prone to be helpful. Some forum's are filled with mommy's basement a-holes that love to tear you down. Not so much here.

There are lots of us newbies here, so be sure to share your experiences and what you learn from your mistakes. Have fun, and be prepared for the addiction.

It is a great source of practical help, a great crowd, please enlighten me what a mommy’s basement as**ole is, I’ve never heard of that expression over my side of the pond, but it sounds great and useful!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure