DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

News drone covers public interest story of the day

mavic3usa

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Did you see the news drone following Giuliana around the Atlanta area after he was arrested? Interesting to me was being able to fly near the jail which I'm ok with but I know others are not. Cause free press and all.

Also at another location, there were power lines everywhere. These are short video clips but I watched the drone as it was maneuvering and waiting for the subject to appear and either the pilot wasn't very good or didn't have good line of sight. Lots of stopping and twisting and dodging and awkward drone moves to navigate the area. BTW, despite the zooming, at times the drone came pretty close to the power lines I thought I was going to see a crash while going sideways. Again, the video shows good distance but at one point I saw the drone panning sides, stop abruptly as if startled, rise and go up and over; this is while lurking around waiting for an appearance.

I believe what I watched at the time was live so wondering what KANF was using for live stream:

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Be interesting to know what sort of drone is used.
There are some out there with features to reduce human impact risks and the news services must be held to account for flying near / over people too.
Personally, I feel such footage probably shows drones in a bad light to people nearby, or people (general public) watching such footage (I haven’t watched it yet but will later on the desktop).

While I cannot be sure these are drones (it's possible to be a helicopter), one of the series of videos said "CNN Air" and it looks about the same as this clip so I assumed since this wasn't Trump then drone coverage would be sufficient. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Yeah just watched them, think it's a heli taking that footage.
Very probable tele type lens was used, making it look like it was close to powerlines etc.
WTH is that noise in the 2nd video in the OP !? Very annoying whatever that pulsing is.
Ok makes sense. :)

Reactions: Davros007
Those are Helo Cameras with a very longggg lens to get the data without being "too close". Hence the choppy moves etc.

Did you see the news drone following Giuliana around the Atlanta area after he was arrested? Interesting to me was being able to fly near the jail which I'm ok with but I know others are not. Cause free press and all.

Also at another location, there were power lines everywhere. These are short video clips but I watched the drone as it was maneuvering and waiting for the subject to appear and either the pilot wasn't very good or didn't have good line of sight. Lots of stopping and twisting and dodging and awkward drone moves to navigate the area. BTW, despite the zooming, at times the drone came pretty close to the power lines I thought I was going to see a crash while going sideways. Again, the video shows good distance but at one point I saw the drone panning sides, stop abruptly as if startled, rise and go up and over; this is while lurking around waiting for an appearance.

I believe what I watched at the time was live so wondering what KANF was using for live stream:

That is most likely a heli with its 700x digital zoom. Have you ever seen how much they can zoom in And still get a very clear pic.

Reactions: Torque
if anyone wonders,i am the guy standing there and holding big sign that says “VLOS”…………. ………………..

I watched the drone as it was maneuvering and waiting for the subject to appear and either the pilot wasn't very good or didn't have good line of sight
CNN Air is their helicopter. I have not read of a drone being used in any of the reports I have read on this matter.

Media violates the law ALL the time. Nothing to see here……ha ha🙄

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Torque and astrohip
Media violates the law ALL the time. Nothing to see here……ha ha🙄

Exactly how do you mean? Any links to verify this broad statement?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne