NFZ

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Colberado, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Colberado

Colberado Well-Known Member

5B2DD5EC-5F1B-4CEC-AAD4-472CF6DD1490.jpeg Heard the buzz, new exactly what it was, and was instantly astonished that anyone would fly their Mavic right in commercial airline traffic. This Mavic pro is literally maybe 25-50m under landing aircraft into MCO. I regularly watch passenger airlines coming in on the exact heading. Had to share. If you know the guy that’s doing this/did this, educate them please. This is Baldwin Harbor in Orlando, FL. Also, I was under the impression that you could not even take off in a NFZ? Or did this guy merely just fly into it?

Attached Files:

2. SkyNinja

SkyNinja Well-Known Member

On the DJI map that is a Green authorization zone. Meaning all you have to do is click the authorization box on the DJI go app so any one can fly there all day long. Looking at the chart for that area the minimum flight altitude for Aircrafts 900 feet so there should not be a possibility of a crash as long as the drone pilot stays under the legal 400 feet.

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

3. Colberado

Good to know, thank you for the info!

4. OralndoMavic

OralndoMavic Well-Known Member

At that altitude he may have been doing real estate for sale photography. And by the way, it wasn't me !

5. Colberado

I still think it was unnecessary. I’ll snap a photo of how low the planes come in right there and upload it.

6. SkyNinja

SkyNinja Well-Known Member

You have to remember air space around the airport is shaped like upside down wedding cake. So as long as he’s following the regulation of flying under 400 feet the drone pilot should be fine barring any other local regulations.

IMG_0940.JPG

genesimmons likes this.