DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nice surprise for DJI Care customers in China (maybe worldwide changes too?)

Heindrich1988

Reactions
DJI Care customers in China just received the following text message from DJI...

WeChat Image_20210112125118.jpg
Basically what it says is that DJI have updated the scope of DJI Care coverage and now covers for fly aways. This removes perhaps the biggest criticism of DJI Care, which used to encourage some risky behaviour like trying to climb cliffs and trees to recover lost drones. It appears that there is no addition cost for this coverage.

As far as I'm aware, this update only applies to mainland China customers... but maybe they have something planned for international customers too?

That would be fantastic. I think losing your drone in inaccessible places probably is a possible liability to them if someone dies or gets seriously injured trying to recover a drone just to file a claim.

My guess is they are about to change it for there FPV drone, and are doing it for everything as well.

Reactions: PinpointUAVS
they have to admit to it being their fault first in my opiniom nothing will change

BINGO! There is the fly in the ointment.

Reactions: Pautna and Thomas B
BINGO! There is the fly in the ointment.
I speak with a lot of experience, dji care as a whole is a second to none service for me but when it comes to fly aways which i had last year if you do not retrieve the drone forget it, the experts on here said the data clearly shows not my fault but dji will not except 3rd party software for annalasys it has to be there own, they did give me 30% of a new 2 pro but told me politely to go away.

I speak with a lot of experience, dji care as a whole is a second to none service for me but when it comes to fly aways which i had last year if you do not retrieve the drone forget it, the experts on here said the data clearly shows not my fault but dji will not except 3rd party software for annalasys it has to be there own, they did give me 30% of a new 2 pro but told me politely to go away.

While they may be a bit biased (maybe LOL) you have to look at it from their perspective. If they replaced every so-called Fly Away they would be out of business in months.

To be perfectly transparent, I think it's absurd to expect a company to pay for an aircraft that flew away. I've been in this industry for over 4 decades and basically if it FLIES it has a high probability of only flying one more time. The only way to not crash/lose one is to not fly it. If it doesn't fire up/fly because of defect etc I agree it is a manufacturer issue but fly aways.... that's part of flying Remote Control aircraft.

But that's my very jaded viewpoint on the matter.

If DJI covered fly aways, how do they prevent the unscrupulous operator for making a false claim on a fly away without the need to provide some sort of proof?

Reactions: RustyHinge
Actually there have been many here that got DJI to reconsider after experts here provided details for the owner to present.

Litchi logs they won't look at though.

While they may be a bit biased (maybe LOL) you have to look at it from their perspective. If they replaced every so-called Fly Away they would be out of business in months.

To be perfectly transparent, I think it's absurd to expect a company to pay for an aircraft that flew away. I've been in this industry for over 4 decades and basically if it FLIES it has a high probability of only flying one more time. The only way to not crash/lose one is to not fly it. If it doesn't fire up/fly because of defect etc I agree it is a manufacturer issue but fly aways.... that's part of flying Remote Control aircraft.

But that's my very jaded viewpoint on the matter.
Totally agree with you 100% but when the flight data clearly shows its there fault it should be replaced, i have the mind set if it goes it goes thats how it is and always have

If DJI covered fly aways, how do they prevent the unscrupulous operator for making a false claim on a fly away without the need to provide some sort of proof?
Not being paranoid or a conspiracy guy, cuz I'm not, but does make one wonder. And "requiring" your logs could just be a cover.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS