DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
Has anyone ordered and used the NLD hardware mod kit that is designed to improve the quality of signal on their M2 yet?

I just ordered it tonight and am looking forward to it possibly reducing the chances of a catastrophic incident due to loss of signal, given the cost of my equipment.

Long ago, I modified my remote with the Raptor XR antenna, which I might still use from time to time. But, I also have longer and higher gain antennas that I might use primarily once I install this TX/RX mod.

I'm also looking for the best option to increase my flight time due to the extra pound+ my Mavic 2 Pro will weigh due to the search light/dual sky hook drop system, iRepairMD flotation skids and two Lume Cubes being mounted by the time I fly again.

I understand the concern of adding even more weight of additional battery cells and know this is something that's been discussed.

But, I've been out of the loop for about two years due to personal reasons and I'm just wondering if anyone that has actually had actual personal successful experience with adding additional batteries that they would share with me here.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Welcome back to the Forum.

You might consider making a few changes to the mods, to get some added flight time.

Im thinking you have something like this :

Most Search/Rescue will have a 3 flight minimum Rescue Plan.
Search - First flight
Drop Off - Second flight
and a Signal flight to let others know where to go for other drop offs and rescue Efforts.

Despite the Dual Battery piggy back system , you just dont see it to often as not only do you have the extra weight of it but you also have the drag.

So rather than try to do it all in 1 fight , many find it best to break it up into a few flights.
The Mavic 2 with the just the Release setup can carry a Life Vest for about 15 minutes on it own.

One other thing you might consider it taking a look at the Mavic 2 Rescue Jacket that we designed to negotiate rough waters and waves without the drone flipping over along with a Wet Suit to fly in the Pouring rain. You will notice the Battery has an air tight seal along the Perimeter of the drone.

You also might consider replacing the Lume Cubes with Firehouse Lights rather than the lume cubes blocks if you are using them . You can some shave some weight off that way and drag.

If you have the Smart controller you can get the Alientech Dual Booster that will allow this to easily go long distances and along with low line flights under trees and flying from inside the Car ..

You can check out the Rescue Jackets in action and the Wet Suits for the Mavic 2
at Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and land on the water.

Screenshot-05-02-2020-15-58-19-5ed4fe9337113.jpg

dddd.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I will consider your offer, but haven't given up on searching for dual batteries yet. I just want to stay in the air longer for the enjoyment of it. I've asked sellers in Hong Kong, but they said they will not ship to the United States for some reason. :(

I had experience on NLD, Alientech booster, and dual battery, with my M1P. NLD does have some positive impact to the range but not too significant. Combined with a boosted Alientech it made a great combination. My M1P with NLD alone could achieve perfect video transfer at around 1.5-2km in city. When combined with Alientech it could go about 4-5km with no significant degradation in a congested city.

Dual battery. I don't recommend it. The stock battery is about 450g and the dual ones often weighted more than 900. It upset the balance of the drone. When it climbed rapidly it would give some warnings like max rev. I didn't feel comfortable with that and only flew level missions with less climbing. Flight time was great. I could get 30+ mins all the time with these batteries.

For longer flights I went for some Chinese made extended batteries. They are of the same size of the stock batteries. The seller swapped the old battery cells with some slightly higher capacity cells. I could got solid 30m for my M1P, which is about 5-8 mins more than the stock batteries and they still weighted about the same. These by far the more balanced way for me to increase flight time.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I had experience on NLD, Alientech booster, and dual battery, with my M1P. NLD does have some positive impact to the range but not too significant. Combined with a boosted Alientech it made a great combination. My M1P with NLD alone could achieve perfect video transfer at around 1.5-2km in city. When combined with Alientech it could go about 4-5km with no significant degradation in a congested city.

Dual battery. I don't recommend it. The stock battery is about 450g and the dual ones often weighted more than 900. It upset the balance of the drone. When it climbed rapidly it would give some warnings like max rev. I didn't feel comfortable with that and only flew level missions with less climbing. Flight time was great. I could get 30+ mins all the time with these batteries.

For longer flights I went for some Chinese made extended batteries. They are of the same size of the stock batteries. The seller swapped the old battery cells with some slightly higher capacity cells. I could got solid 30m for my M1P, which is about 5-8 mins more than the stock batteries and they still weighted about the same. These by far the more balanced way for me to increase flight time.
I think we're talking about two different mods from NLD. They have their software, but they now have a hardware mod for the remote and drone that supposedly dramatically increases the signal between them without the need for my Raptor XR antenna, but can still use it if I want.

Can you find an old email or something with a link or email address to the Chinese extended batteries you mentioned at the end?

I haven't been successful in hearing back from anyone with the dual battery option, so I'm not getting anywhere fast with this yet.

You are right. I'm referring to the software mod which increased the radio output to 1.8w. I did check the hw mod but found a used Alientech booster a more hassle free solution.

For the batteries I got them from a p2p selling platform. I can pm you a screen cap if I found it but payment would be troublesome cos you need to possess a Chinese bank account to settle the purchase. I asked a friend to do that for me.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Has anyone ordered and used the NLD hardware mod kit that is designed to improve the quality of signal on their M2 yet?

I just ordered it tonight
Did you ever get NLD booster going, OP? I'm contemplating getting it.

Did you ever get NLD booster going, OP? I'm contemplating getting it.
I've received it, but been in the hospital a lot lately. Thus, I haven't had the time yet.

I don't personally know him, but if OriginalDobo reads this, I live near him and would let him do a review if he felt like doing the surgery for me. :)

I have a damaged left hand from the military, so doing that kind of work is kinda aggravating now.

Welcome back to the Forum.

You might consider making a few changes to the mods, to get some added flight time.

Im thinking you have something like this :

Most Search/Rescue will have a 3 flight minimum Rescue Plan.
Search - First flight
Drop Off - Second flight
and a Signal flight to let others know where to go for other drop offs and rescue Efforts.

Despite the Dual Battery piggy back system , you just dont see it to often as not only do you have the extra weight of it but you also have the drag.

So rather than try to do it all in 1 fight , many find it best to break it up into a few flights.
The Mavic 2 with the just the Release setup can carry a Life Vest for about 15 minutes on it own.

One other thing you might consider it taking a look at the Mavic 2 Rescue Jacket that we designed to negotiate rough waters and waves without the drone flipping over along with a Wet Suit to fly in the Pouring rain. You will notice the Battery has an air tight seal along the Perimeter of the drone.

You also might consider replacing the Lume Cubes with Firehouse Lights rather than the lume cubes blocks if you are using them . You can some shave some weight off that way and drag.

If you have the Smart controller you can get the Alientech Dual Booster that will allow this to easily go long distances and along with low line flights under trees and flying from inside the Car ..

You can check out the Rescue Jackets in action and the Wet Suits for the Mavic 2
at Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and land on the water.

View attachment 126724

View attachment 126725

Hello, I absolutely LOVVE your setup. I was curious tho about the AlienTech mod. Say you left your home and went, say one mile. Can you drop below the tree lines that far away without interruption? I have a friend who lives almost exactly a mile away, and I am trying to achieve a landing in his yard or, if I am at his house, then landing in my yard. I appreciate your time, and I will look forward to hearing back...Thank You....Rick M

Hello, I absolutely LOVVE your setup. I was curious tho about the AlienTech mod. Say you left your home and went, say one mile. Can you drop below the tree lines that far away without interruption? I have a friend who lives almost exactly a mile away, and I am trying to achieve a landing in his yard or, if I am at his house, then landing in my yard. I appreciate your time, and I will look forward to hearing back...Thank You....Rick M
No , there is always going to be loss of signal , no matter what antenna you have.

The only way it might work is if you set your RTH to Hover and than line up your landing and when the battery runs low enough it will force it land , that might be the only way.

You might also try to move the Home Point on the Map to the exact location you want to land but you will not be able to Remote start without the Visual Line of Sight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have installed this hardware amplifier. Both drones and RCs need to be installed. Great design. I live in an area with strong interference. In the past, my drone was often disconnected. There is no loss of connection after installing this hardware amplifier. I use a double battery to fly as far as 12KM.

Reactions: Rnl
I have installed this hardware amplifier. Both drones and RCs need to be installed. Great design. I live in an area with strong interference. In the past, my drone was often disconnected. There is no loss of connection after installing this hardware amplifier. I use a double battery to fly as far as 12KM.
Sure buddy

I would not buy from them, they commit mail fraud, in broad daylight. They lack the imaginary "exchange" tracking numbers, both to me and from me, how can I send to them, have them test it, and have it in the mail back to me without their address in the first place?. There isn't a more dishonest company. This is how you cab expect to get electronics from them, when there is a problem, they fabricated returns. Has anyone ever seen a company not use electric bags to cover electronics before? How cheap are they?

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_035504 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210831_035504 (1).jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 21
  • vp71by.jpg-704x580.jpg
    vp71by.jpg-704x580.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 21
I had recent experience with their boosters. I could not get them to work, one of the two was DOA and they sent me another one. They did not work. I had to raise a claim with paypal to get an answer from them.
Long story short, i sent them back, they refunded the shipping costs and now i am awaiting for them to receive the package in order to get a full refund.

If it wasnt for PayPal i dont think i would get my money back (although that remains to be seen since ive yet to receive a full refund, but with paypal involved i think they will be forced to).

Also i raised another claim with PayPal for their NLD mod client.
I had purchased a licence for a mavic pro platinum.
I was trying to enable FCC and it didnt work, i mailed them my problem they said they would patch it.
One month later still doesnt work, raised a claim with PayPal.
Several days passed by, they did not respond and PayPal refunded me on their own.

Terrible experience and customer service.
Went to drone-hacks.com download their software and everything is fine.
Also they reply instantly to my emails.
Top notch service by drone-hacks.

My advice:
Avoid NLD at all costs.

I wasn't as lucky, PayPal sided with them even. They stole over $600, they didn't even proof what they claimed, where is a single "exchange" tracking number? D-H doesnt help with bad hardware, aren't they the same people anyway?

I wasn't as lucky, PayPal sided with them even. They stole over $600, they didn't even proof what they claimed, where is a single "exchange" tracking number? D-H doesnt help with bad hardware, aren't they the same people anyway?
I see.. you got unlucky, there should be a sticky post around here warning users about NLD.
Anyways..
DH are most definitely NOT the same people, at least from my experience which is extensive.
I had a problem with the custom FC on the mavic pro platinum and we exchanged a dozen emails troubleshooting the problem,they asked me to send them some logs, the next day they had a fix. Every time they responded in timely fashion, unlike NLD which in most cases they never reply.

Also why bother with expensive rooted boards in the first place?
DH has a software fix that unlocks all aspects of the drone.
I have tested it my self, and it was a free upgrade since i already have licenses for all my drones from them.
Just saying.

And before anyone jumps to conclusions, i am in no way shape or form affiliated with DH, they just deliver what they advertise period.

The icing on the cake?
DH refunded me for my troubles with the mavic pro platinum and i got to keep my license.
That's what i would call top notch customer service.

The icing on the cake?
DH refunded me for my troubles with the mavic pro platinum and i got to keep my license.
That's what i would call top notch customer service.
Because this is a NoLimitDronez hardware issued we are in "hardware" mods, not software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_