DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No control due to Mag interference

23tsl

Reactions
Hello

Had my Mavic 3 days, got some great footage and I'm looking for some info after my drone crashed itself.

I say it crashed itself as i flew it through a tunnel (with train line above on the bridge) whilst the drone was flying through the tunnel i got a error message saying 'Mag interference". i try to land the drone but it does not 'listen' to me (the Remote). it proceeded to crash head on into the wall.

1. Why did the sensors not stop the crash?

2.Why could i not control the drones due to this interference?

Any help is appreciated and the drone has been sent off for repair :(

100% predictable. A tunnel containing i'd guess concrete and lots of metal. Acting like a fairly good faraday cage.
GPS would likely be lost, compass would most likely be inaccurate due to the metal so the drone wont know where it is, which way its facing or how to be stable and controller signal likely lost as well. Add to that potential low ambient light so the OA sensors cant "see"
Its also possible it tried to RTH, climbed and hit the roof.

To be honest id be more surprised if it DIDNT crash.

Hello

Had my Mavic 3 days, got some great footage and I'm looking for some info after my drone crashed itself.

I say it crashed itself as i flew it through a tunnel (with train line above on the bridge) whilst the drone was flying through the tunnel i got a error message saying 'Mag interference". i try to land the drone but it does not 'listen' to me (the Remote). it proceeded to crash head on into the wall.

1. Why did the sensors not stop the crash?

2.Why could i not control the drones due to this interference?

Any help is appreciated and the drone has been sent off for repair :(

Write this off to inexperience. If you replace the Mavic find a large, open area to practice. Take a section of the manual & get comfortable with how & why she operates as she does. Good flying.

Reactions: Bergumbira

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato