DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No down throttle response

Made2Phly

Reactions
Happily, no crashes, but yesterday and today, at the end of flight, my still under warranty M2P would not respond to negative throttle. Pitch, yaw and roll were fine. Yesterday, re-booting DJY GO4 seemed to cure it, but not today.

Some threads seemed to indicate ambient temperature might be a factor. It was early morning, 65 degrees Fahrenheit, i.e. not hot at all.

I would appreciate greatly any diagnostic help. I use configuration 3 on the RC (right stick= throttle and yaw). I have too many flights from yesterday to be able to identify the correct files.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 2020-07-04 06_23_55-163CGBER0A52BU.dat
    1.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-04_[06-23-54].txt
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
re-calibrate the control sticks

It has nothing to do with temperature, and the stick calibration is just fine. The problem is the downward VPS sensor - it's reading small or zero height most of the time, and so the FC thinks that it is very close to the ground. If you held down throttle for longer it should go into forced landing.

Climb.png

I'm puzzled as to what happened at the end of the flight that you posted - the log stops with the aircraft hovering.

My ma2 has done this twice I start a decent and about 12 meters it stopped and would not land using the stick straight down I’ve Owned quite a few DJI drones never seen that Before . I had to switch to sport the first time and tripod the second very strange indeed especially since these two use a different control app...

SAR, I was hoping you would might take a look. Thanks you. I think i am still stymied though, as follows.

I use a Detachable flotation recovery device attached to the bottom, which does cover the bottom sensors and probably explains the small to zero height in the log. I Did not mention the device in the original post, because the referenced problem manifested just recently, whereas i have had the device attached quite often and have not had the problem

Also, the flight I mentioned that occurred yesterday had the same issue, and I’m about 98% sure I did not have the flotation recovery Device attached.

BTW, I keep Landing protection off when the flotation device is attached.

As to the log ending with a hover, I hand caught the drone, which I guess explains it?

I used sport to get mine down also. It is not a bad workaround, but still, for such an expensive piece of equipment, one would expect better

SAR, I was hoping you would might take a look. Thanks you. I think i am still stymied though, as follows.

I use a Detachable flotation recovery device attached to the bottom, which does cover the bottom sensors and probably explains the small to zero height in the log. I Did not mention the device in the original post, because the referenced problem manifested just recently, whereas i have had the device attached quite often and have not had the problem

Also, the flight I mentioned that occurred yesterday had the same issue, and I’m about 98% sure I did not have the flotation recovery Device attached.

BTW, I keep Landing protection off when the flotation device is attached.

As to the log ending with a hover, I hand caught the drone, which I guess explains it?

The log ends with the motors still running.
I used sport to get mine down also. It is not a bad workaround, but still, for such an expensive piece of equipment, one would expect better

It's a piece of equipment that expects its sensors to be available. I've never had any problems with the downward sensor on my M2P.

Part of me hopes the problem is my error in covering the bottom sensors. If it repeats with unobstructed sensors, I will keep y’all posted.

Thanks for the analysis and assistance. Much appreciated.
e.

I accidentally encountered such behavior the other day when playing with the VPS sensors of my M2P. Not sure if it will give any hint on the cause of your craft’s problem

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman