DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No entirely happy

Eijin

Reactions
I'm simple not 100% happy with the quality of video thats my mavic shoots this is 4k 30fps I do admit I'm unfamiliar with even basic settings so everything there is default...I only ask for a small advice if there could be some issue like sensor(yes I did some research) or is this a matter of settings...or is it only me and everything is OK...
2017 05 30 20 10 4578

There are settings available all over youtube. I'm at work currently but when I get home I will post up a link or two.

Since I can hear sound in your video and the video resolution appears to be low, I will ask if this is the cached video from your phone or is the the full resolution video from the micro SD card on the Mavic itself?

Since I can hear sound in your video and the video resolution appears to be low, I will ask if this is the cached video from your phone or is the the full resolution video from the micro SD card on the Mavic itself?
...Yes you've got on this I'm at work so I couldn't post a full reso video but in general can you see something not right?

There are settings available all over youtube. I'm at work currently but when I get home I will post up a link or two.
....I have tried to google mavic video setting but mostly some mods were appearing.

...Yes you've got on this I'm at work so I couldn't post a full reso video but in general can you see something not right?
Well, it's a bit overexposed in the sky at the very beginning. The trees look a bit underexposed? What settings did you use? Did you have an ND filter on? More details would be helpful.

And the joystick movements are a bit jerky and not very smooth.

What exactly are you 'not happy' with?

Well, it's a bit overexposed in the sky at the very beginning. The trees look a bit underexposed? What settings did you use? Did you have an ND filter on? More details would be helpful.

And the joystick movements are a bit jerky and not very smooth.

What exactly are you 'not happy' with?

Sorry,no filers. And it's my fingers that are jerky :) All settings are default/auto well I somehow have feeling that something is not right/working correctly when I look at my videos and the ones posted on youtube they look so much better....like without moire effect or blur when turning yaw....

You can watch those and use them as a starting point.

As stated above filters are recommended but not required. There are videos on how to adjust filters and which ones to use for the environment you are flying in. Polar Pro does an excellent job on breaking that down, I also believe they have a sticky up on a few FAQ's and techniques to get you started.

Editing will be your best friend so get comfortable with it, especially if you don't want to get filters.

I guess the golden rule is "get the right tools for the job" otherwise it's going to be a major task.

Practice is going to be the way to get proficient at flying, shooting vids & pics and editing.

Once you get the settings dialed in, smoothing out your camera/drone movement are going to be your next task (time consuming unless you were born to do this). Editing is time consuming as well the program you choose will determine the learning curve and time you will need to invest to end up with a spectacular end product.

Don't give up, when it gets tough. take a break, go fly, whatever you do to relieve stress. in no time you will be making something you are proud of.

Hope this helps, and have fun.

Sorry,no filers. And it's my fingers that are jerky :) All settings are default/auto well I somehow have feeling that something is not right/working correctly when I look at my videos and the ones posted on youtube they look so much better....like without moire effect or blur when turning yaw....

Lower FPS and practice panning while in cinematic mode will give you great results.

If you are familiar with motorcycles the saying "Smooth is fast, Fast is smooth" do the opposite and go slow until you can achieve a nice smooth cinematic pan. The lower FPS with tweaked setting will give you that motion blur you see in the movies for that cinematic pan you are looking for.

Some people disagree that a lower FPS is better for it, but that is my opinion and apparently most film makers out there.

Long story short just practice, until you can afford filters. They will make it much easier once you learn how to use them.

You will not usually get perfect video straight out of most cameras without doing some post editing.
I have a friend who shoots RAW mainly and does a great deal of editing on Lightroom and Photoshop. As long as you don't overexpose and wash out the detail most shots can come up pretty good.
Also every one has their favourite settings that work for them.
Take time and experiment, costs nothing nowadays to take GBs of footage to end up with just a three minute video.
What you are showing is the lower resolution and not the higher quality from the SD in the Mavic. Two entirely different things.

Reactions: Rabid Machina
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127