DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Flight records recorded for MP flight

B1houdini

Reactions
Took a quick flight to check out new props. Took some video and a few photos. Went to Sync the flight records but found them missing from the Flight list for that day. The ones from the day before were there but the ones for this day were missing.
I have a 128gb mini 4 Ipad dedicated to the Mavic.
Two things happened on this flight as I was taking off.
First I got a Video Cache full noticed and then I got a Disconnect for about 2 seconds.
After that no problem. The SD recorded all the video and photos .
I just didn't have any Flight records.

Any thoughts?

Took a quick flight to check out new props. Took some video and a few photos. Went to Sync the flight records but found them missing from the Flight list for that day. The ones from the day before were there but the ones for this day were missing.
I have a 128gb mini 4 Ipad dedicated to the Mavic.
Two things happened on this flight as I was taking off.
First I got a Video Cache full noticed and then I got a Disconnect for about 2 seconds.
After that no problem. The SD recorded all the video and photos .
I just didn't have any Flight records.

Any thoughts?

I've had that happen a couple times in the past out of several hundred flights. I don't know what caused it. I uninstalled and reinstalled app, but not sure that really has anything to do with solving the issue.

The 'Cache Full' error means that your device's storage memory is full, in such a case, the app probably didn't have enough space to store the flight logs either. You need to free up some space, either by deleting stuff off your phone or clearing the cache (GO4 option). You can also limit the cache size and select the option to delete old footage to maintain the limit. With these options set, you shouldn't run out of device storage again.

p.s. If you have a uSD slot on your phone, you can actually store all your video cache on the external uSD and leave the device's memory for everything else. I have a 64GB uSD for this purpose.

The 'Cache Full' error means that your device's storage memory is full, in such a case, the app probably didn't have enough space to store the flight logs either. You need to free up some space, either by deleting stuff off your phone or clearing the cache (GO4 option). You can also limit the cache size and select the option to delete old footage to maintain the limit. With these options set, you shouldn't run out of device storage again.

p.s. If you have a uSD slot on your phone, you can actually store all your video cache on the external uSD and leave the device's memory for everything else. I have a 64GB uSD for this purpose.
iPads don't have a micro SD card slot.

But the OP definitely should increase the cache space. With a 128GB device, the cache space should be at the maximum level.

Switch on Clear Cache Automatically. Just set the cache large enough for at least 1 full flight. Just in case (knock on wood) your Mavic drop off from the sky, you'll have the video of what happened (if you were recording at that time).

Thanks for the quick response.
On the cache issue, it has showed up before when I knew the cache was empty. I have it set for 8gb and it was cleared before this flight.
Hopefully this was just a glitch and it will record the flight data on my next try.

Thanks for the quick response.
On the cache issue, it has showed up before when I knew the cache was empty. I have it set for 8gb and it was cleared before this flight.
Hopefully this was just a glitch and it will record the flight data on my next try.
Do you mind telling us what Mavic FW and Go4 version you are on? Thanks.

The Mavic firmware is V 1.04.000 and according to my IPad update it says the Go4 is V 4.1.17
Thanks for the info. In another thread there is also a case where the Mavic and the RC seemed to be disconnected (but not shown on the RC), and the Mavic is also with 4.000. This may or may not be related with the FW though.

Where are the cache settings? I can’t find them anywhere in the Go4 app.

Today I had several disconnects while flying and kept getting the cache full error. I lost all my flight logs and flew for almost 1.5 hours. It’s really annoying. I’m on all the latest firmware, on an iPhone 8 Plus with the newest iOS version as well. I have a 256GB phone and tons of space....

UPDATE;
Just got back from flying. Took a couple of flights. All seemed well, No problems. Checked the flight records and they were all there.
My MP is back and flying like a dream.
Thanks for all the advise.
Fly safe!

Reactions: SprayingMango

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705