DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No longer a crash virgin

whiskeylover

Reactions
I had my MP get itself entangled into a tree branch while ActiveTracking me. I had to bring a ladder and an extended pole and bring it down while my kid and my wife caught it in a blanket. The gimbal seems to have popped a cable or something. It doesn't respond rotate anymore. The video is still fine, it's just that the gimbal cannot be controlled anymore.

Now starts my Care Refresh process. Any suggestions/recommendations on things I need to do to get the process rolling smoothly?

Hey Whiskeylover! Contacting DJI on the online support has worked well for our clients. Try to get quality images in focus of the parts that are broken. Have the serial number of the Mavic, date of purchase and proof of purchase copied and be ready to be shared with the online support. The more accurate info you have available will make it easier for you to get a repair order quicker, resulting in a quicker return. Let us know if we can help.

Reactions: whiskeylover
If you are in a hurry to get flying again, you may want to look at the option "Refresh Express" when creating an online support ticket.

This means they will not examine the MP in order create an estimate for repair, they just send a replacement mavic after they receive it and you pay your deductible. They replaced mine within one day of receiving it.

Good luck.

Just in case you'll send it in, ask them specifically what you need to send in w/ the MP.
And inventory that items, include a copy in the box and in your correspondence so they are aware.
Included in that inventory, your RETURN ADDRESS and INFO (seen some missing packages from repair being sent to wrong ADDRESS).

The ribbon cable drives the gimbal motors. If one isnt working this cable is damaged, or a motor is damaged, usually the cable. Its a $30 part.

Reactions: newguy
If you are in a hurry to get flying again, you may want to look at the option "Refresh Express" when creating an online support ticket.

This means they will not examine the MP in order create an estimate for repair, they just send a replacement mavic after they receive it and you pay your deductible. They replaced mine within one day of receiving it.

Good luck.
What was the price of the deductible on the new MP???

The ribbon cable drives the gimbal motors. If one isnt working this cable is damaged, or a motor is damaged, usually the cable. Its a $30 part.

Thanks Justin. Those look like too many steps and tools :) I think I'll just send it over to DJI for a replacement.

Just in case you'll send it in, ask them specifically what you need to send in w/ the MP.
And inventory that items, include a copy in the box and in your correspondence so they are aware.
Included in that inventory, your RETURN ADDRESS and INFO (seen some missing packages from repair being sent to wrong ADDRESS).
Just spoke with an online chat rep. They walked me through creating the case. I'm only sending the aircraft body. I've included my details (name and address) along with the aircraft S/N and a couple of pics of the damage.

Thanks for the help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta