DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NOOB in Colorado Hello

Kenbow56

Reactions
Hello from a mountain top in Colorado, actually living next to Crystal peak ! have a selection of Quads, Mavic 2 air is my latest one, have mavic mini 2, and several other off brand drones. Recently completed the FAA sUas Part 107 courses. Was looking up laws concerning flying in Garden of the Gods Park... seeing I am very near there. Everyone have fun flyin , nice to find this site , Ken

Hello from a mountain top in Colorado, actually living next to Crystal peak ! have a selection of Quads, Mavic 2 air is my latest one, have mavic mini 2, and several other off brand drones. Recently completed the FAA sUas Part 107 courses. Was looking up laws concerning flying in Garden of the Gods Park... seeing I am very near there. Everyone have fun flyin , nice to find this site , Ken
I just seen your post I'm new also welcome to the imaveriq pilots forum. I would love to be where you're at to get some Mountain views I'm sure he's are some great scenery up there where you're at those would look awesome in a video working great pictures also

Hello from the Crossroads of America Kenbow56.

Nice to meet you Ken. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Coloradoan! I'm up here in Estes Park and our house literally looks into Rocky Mountain National Park. Also only 10-15 minutes away from Long's Peak, one of the 14'ers. As far as Garden of the Gods, I don't know the exact laws, but I know for the National parks you can't take-off or land within the park boundaries, but you can fly in the airspace over the park. I would assume it's the same for the GOTG, but you know what happens when you "assume". Happy and safe flying!

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Garden of the Gods is off limits, designated as wildlife habitat. Peterson AFB/KCOS on the east (class C), Ft Carson (Class D) of the south, and USAFA (class D/G on the north). A really wonderful place to help learn flying is Palmer Lake. Very drone friendly area. Catch the lake and the trains! GOG is declared as wildlife habitat and the City of Colorado Springs will not grant permission to fly in the GOG. Same for Bear Creek Park! And, Palmer Park. You certainly may TO/L outside the parks (with land owners' permission), but good luck on that. Flying over from outside the parks will not benefit anyone as you will quite easily lose visual observation very quickly. I would recommend you start out low and slow in one of the many other city parks. Near me I prefer Wildflower Park, I just walk from the house.

Brush up on DJI unlocking procedures if case you get closer to Springs Air Port, Class C. Really would recommend some of the smaller parks to help gain familiarity of the drone and controls, not to mention the DJI unlocking procedures.

USAF ACADEMY AFLD(AFF)(KAFF)10 N UTC–7(–6DT)N38º58.40 ́W104º49.20 ́AIRPORT REMARKS: Afld opr hrs and Class D services avbl SR or 1245Z‡ (whichever is later) to SS Mon–Fri, 1430Z‡ to 2130Z‡ Sat, excluding Sun & hol. Afld official bus only. See Special Notices—U.S. Air Force Academy. AIRSPACE: CLASS D airspace SR–SS; other times CLASS G..

Butts Airfield (Ft Carson) on the south: AIRSPACE: CLASS D svc Fri–Mon 1200–0600Z‡, Tue–Thur 1100–0600Z‡, clsd New Years day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas; other times CLASS G..

COS: AIRSPACE: CLASS C svc ctc APP CON

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803