DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob in Southern CA

spunner

Reactions
Hey all, I'm happy to finally be able to say that I'm a (somewhat) proud owner of what I believe is a new Mavic Pro. I'm a bit skeptical in that my Amazon bundle came with a Mavic that didn't have the gimble-lock piece and the clear camera cover was loose and unattached to the drone. Feeling troubled as I've yet to power it up as the box it cam in was physically damaged and took some blows to the opposing corners.

I'm a little heartbroken to say the least

Ugh, watching "unboxing" videos on YouTube I've verified that there is a little insert (cosmetic) for the hole were all of the cables are that is missing. The small package that has instructions and a warranty card is missing as well.

I've contacted Amazon for return.... I am absolutely heart broken. We'll have to see how eDigitalUSA plays this one (vendor).

Welcome to the forum, @spunner. Sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced and hope the best for a positive resolution. If we can be of any assistance to you don't hesitate to reach out. Hope you can enjoy the Mavic once you've got things squared away. See you around ;)

Hey all, I'm happy to finally be able to say that I'm a (somewhat) proud owner of what I believe is a new Mavic Pro. I'm a bit skeptical in that my Amazon bundle came with a Mavic that didn't have the gimble-lock piece and the clear camera cover was loose and unattached to the drone. Feeling troubled as I've yet to power it up as the box it cam in was physically damaged and took some blows to the opposing corners.

I'm a little heartbroken to say the least
Howdy from Wyoming spunner, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Hope you get your issue sorted out.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I've contacted Amazon for return.... I am absolutely heart broken. We'll have to see how eDigitalUSA plays this one (vendor).
Sorry to hear about your trouble so soon. The good thing with buying on Amazon is that it's easy to get Mavics replaced if Amazon fulfills the order (not sure if that happened in your case). If you end up having to place a new order on Amazon, I keep a list of authorized dealers selling Mavics on Amazon here. My list also shows which deals are "Amazon Prime" so you can be sure Amazon will handle the fulfillment (the ideal situation).

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Hope they get ya set straight.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170418/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.6.pdf

So I wanted to update everyone on my Amazon adventure. At first, Amazon wouldn't help, as it was sold 'through' Amazon by a Marketplace vendor. This was all done through an Amazon email alias, but was finally provided a return shipping label two days later, asking me to put everything in a larger box so they could inspect the damages. I obliged and was to wait 3-5 days until I got my response.

At the end of the 4th day, after UPS showed they received the package, I emailed again, provided the tracking number. The only response I received was "..you need to wait 3-5 days from time of receipt". At lunch time on the 5th day I emailed again, requesting confirmation of the return of my funds by EOB...but received nothing. I called Amazon that evening and had to speak to a group who handles returns of "over $1000", and they were more than willing to assist, wishing me a belated birthday, reminding me of what a great Prime customer I was, and even extended my Prime subscription for the trouble. They provided the credit and I went to Best Buy that night and picked up the Fly More package.

Thus far I've kept myself in Beginner Mode in the back yard, crashing once and chipping a prop, which I quickly replaced. I've even made myself a 2'x2' landing pad from some 3/8" plywood. So much to learn, so many options, and I'm loving it.

I hope to be a regular here and thanks for all of the warm welcomes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman