DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 North Carolina Mountain Morning | Mini 4 Pro

hagman23

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Out on a big project shoot earlier this week, I was up on some high mountains and was treated to some amazing early morning views.

This panorama was from my Mini 4 Pro, I did crop it a little from the sides. SOOC - no edits, shot using the Auto settings even. I did have the Freewell ND 8 filter on it.

Nantahala Mountains.jpg

Out on a big project shoot earlier this week, I was up on some high mountains and was treated to some amazing early morning views.

This panorama was from my Mini 4 Pro, I did crop it a little from the sides. SOOC - no edits, shot using the Auto settings even. I did have the Freewell ND 8 filter on it.

View attachment 176143
Very nice shot dude !

Reactions: hagman23
Why did you have the ND on?
I had been shooting video and the shutter speed wasn’t too slow for good photo quality. A difference of 1/400th or faster and 1/60th with the ND on. A lot of people say you don’t need ND filters for pictures, but I use them often because the f/1.7 aperture makes for a REALLY fast shutter speed. With the stability of the drone to take great pictures even at 2” shutter speeds, the longer the shutter is “open” (technically speaking) the more the sensor is exposed to the light/scene which allows for more data to be collected by the sensor, giving it more detail in the image. Now this is coming from my background in traditional photography (DSLR/Mirrorless) so maybe it doesn’t matter a whole lot, but in my experience, the more light you can let in at a stable shutter speed, the better.

Just one person’s opinion, lol.

View attachment 176143

Absolutely Stunning !!

Very well done….Your analysis of using a filter is very sensible….Most quad videography technique maps to traditional 35MM still photography knowledge….At least it does for me….

Awesome shot!

Reactions: hagman23 and sarahb
I had been shooting video and the shutter speed wasn’t too slow for good photo quality. A difference of 1/400th or faster and 1/60th with the ND on. A lot of people say you don’t need ND filters for pictures, but I use them often because the f/1.7 aperture makes for a REALLY fast shutter speed. With the stability of the drone to take great pictures even at 2” shutter speeds, the longer the shutter is “open” (technically speaking) the more the sensor is exposed to the light/scene which allows for more data to be collected by the sensor, giving it more detail in the image. Now this is coming from my background in traditional photography (DSLR/Mirrorless) so maybe it doesn’t matter a whole lot, but in my experience, the more light you can let in at a stable shutter speed, the better.

Just one person’s opinion, lol.
OK. Why shoot at f1.7?

Very well done….Your analysis of using a filter is very sensible….Most quad videography technique maps to traditional 35MM still photography knowledge….At least it does for me….
Thanks - I also don't mind to run a slower shutter speed rather than risk missing the shot by bringing back the drone and removing a filter. I use NDs all the time with my traditional still photography
OK. Why shoot at f1.7?
well… mainly because the fixed aperture on the Mini 4 Pro is f/1.7….

Reactions: JeffreyS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lexchin