DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not A drone hit, but pilot error for sure!

ac0j

Reactions
How the pilots in the closer aircraft walk away amazes me to no end.

Reactions: lightbg
Wow! I bet someone sure feels embarrassed.

Wow and wow again!

Cant help but notice that BOTH rotor assemblies stayed intact. Came off the aircraft all together, but appear to be no severed blades. Makes a drone getting in to a rotor seem a little less of a concern.

Reactions: fb3333
Yep, definitely a drone - couldn't be anything else :)

Kudos to the guy who was stood outside though, picked himself up and went to get the firefighting equipment in case it was needed.

Reactions: Pietros and fb3333
Helo’s don’t play well together

That is just insane!

Thats more helicopter crashes just in this thread than have actually been caused by drones. :D

Reactions: Qoncussion
This accident happened in 2012. The NTSB did not issue its report until the end of 2016. Some of these videos are only coming out now, 5+years later. Let that sink in for a minute. It took the federal government 4 years and millions of dollars to figure out that one chopper tried to land too close to the other. Nothing happened to the pilot. No blame, no fine, no penalty assessed. Pilot caused a million+ dollars damages and just walked away. Now, imagine if a drone had accidentally collided with the helicopter putting a scratch somewhere. Drone operator would be arrested and jailed in a heartbeat. Its a grotesque double standard.

Reactions: wordupmag
As my father once said "90% of aviation crashes are caused by stupidity or alcohol". No doubt which caused this one, unless the pilot decided to go with a couple of beers instead of coffee. He had a good approach and should have landed there but noooo he had to be a hot shot.

It’s an embarrassing situation for the pilot of the second aircraft, but it’s clear to see what happened here, each aircraft has its own space marked with a big danger sign across the front of them, when they brought the first one out on the trolley they put it in the middle of the spaces, I’m not saying this wasn’t 1000% easily avoidable, but the second guy was looking for his mark, dji oas sensors would have saved them a few quid common sense isn’t always that common

It’s an embarrassing situation for the pilot of the second aircraft, but it’s clear to see what happened here, each aircraft has its own space marked with a big danger sign across the front of them, when they brought the first one out on the trolley they put it in the middle of the spaces, I’m not saying this wasn’t 1000% easily avoidable, but the second guy was looking for his mark, dji oas sensors would have saved them a few quid common sense isn’t always that common

Yeah, it appears that the ground helicopter was planted in the wrong spot, so some culpability, but general rule of thumb is moving vehicles always yield to stationary vehicles. I'd put 90% of this (or more) on the landing pilot.

Yeah, it appears that the ground helicopter was planted in the wrong spot, so some culpability, but general rule of thumb is moving vehicles always yield to stationary vehicles. I'd put 90% of this (or more) on the landing pilot.
Absolutely!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix