DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

I bought this one (the photo is with an Ipad Mini), very convenient with the Nvidia!
DJI MAVIC PAD

il_570xN.1060336540_3bps.jpg

Are you...or will you be using a neckstrap?

Yes I'll do... when I'll receive my Mavic!

Nvidia Shield K1

If you don't want a bulky impacticable 3d printed adapter do it neatly (if you are patient) for "No cost at all"

Just use a stanley knife to trim 5mm off plastic where phone holder arms swing out do both sides (WARNING there will be those who will be afraid to do this)
works perfectly has a grip like a vice due to the thickness of the shield so it won't fall out, use the usb port on bottom of remote to connect see pics

the android cable was £2.49 from ebay
Short 20cm Left Angle USB A to Right Angle Micro B USB Data Cable for Android

P.S iPad mini fits without need for trimming but no hdmi out so no goggles

Attachments

• triming copy.jpg
    triming copy.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 472
  • triming 2 copy.jpg
    triming 2 copy.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    630.9 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Nvidia Shield K1

Don't waste your money on bulky 3d printed over priced adapters do it neatly (if you are patient) for "No cost at all"

Just use a stanley knife to trim 5mm off plastic where phone holder arms swing out do both sides
works perfectly has a grip like a vice due to the thickness of the shield so it won't fall out, use the usb port on bottom of remote to connect see pics

the android cable was £2.49 from ebay
Short 20cm Left Angle USB A to Right Angle Micro B USB Data Cable for Android

P.S iPad mini fits without need for trimming but no hdmi out so no goggles
I use the 3D printed one with a ADV/Pro holder attached. I would rather not butcher up the transmitter.

i only show how to not HAVE to
if you believe removing a minuscule practically impossible to see piece of rubber ( aka butchering ) voids the warranty so be it, if it develops a fault and dji void my warranty i will just buy another one.

i aint bothered one way or another but i have a k1 working without being bulky and all fits in the pockets of my coat ready to go in a minute or so

I am happy

(I tried 2 different holders both silly size and totally impracticable i could get my inspire pro black or inspire 1 in the air quicker and probably my inspire 2 when it arrives))

Last edited:
Reactions: Slantnose79
Maybe I missed it... but what cable are you guys using for the K1?.... and are you plugging into the bottom USB or the side (new) style micro USB?

Bump:.... I can't seem to find a "Lightening USB" to micro USB... am I missing something?

Last edited:
I was looking for something like this (at 23:53):
It's just two small brackets.

Yes, a very simple solution "S" grip mounts.... anybody have them for sale anywhere yet? I like his idea as it allows you to slide the tablet up or down in relation to the controller to your liking.

Trevor,

I like your mod to the controller. However when I just try to 'dry fit' my K1 into the folding arm it seems too thick to slide in. I don't want to break those arms. Did you do anything special to get the K1 into there?

Thanks

Trevor,

I like your mod to the controller. However when I just try to 'dry fit' my K1 into the folding arm it seems too thick to slide in. I don't want to break those arms. Did you do anything special to get the K1 into there?

Thanks

just quite a bit of pressure while holding the left arm of remote then do the other side Yes it is a tight fit but like most things it will become easier the more you do it

just quite a bit of pressure while holding the left arm of remote then do the other side Yes it is a tight fit but like most things it will become easier the more you do it
Do you have any issue with the right side pivot arm top sliding the the mode switch into 'sport' mode, seems any more travel on that arm would contact the switch. I think the 'S' clips are a better solution, but that is just MHO.

If I knew where I could get S clips I would try it. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If I knew where I could get S clips I would try it. Any ideas?

I emailed FPVMAN today (did the video) to ask him if they were available, hopefully I get a response. I really like them, small, practical, and easy to pack.

That sounds good, please report back here when you do. I read the comments in the video but I thought he said he was not going too offer them.

Reactions: chazzm
I emailed FPVMAN today (did the video) to ask him if they were available, hopefully I get a response. I really like them, small, practical, and easy to pack.

I was just about to do the same thing. The "s" clips seem like the best tablet mounting solution I've seen as well. It retains the general design concept of the controller with screen below all in a small, easily installed package.

Reactions: chazzm
I was just about to do the same thing. The "s" clips seem like the best tablet mounting solution I've seen as well. It retains the general design concept of the controller with screen below all in a small, easily installed package.
I will post his response when, and if, I get one.

If he can send an .stl file I can print those for all interested. If I had my Mavic Pro (come on already) I could take the measurements and dimensions needed and prototype a set just like the ones in FPVMANS video.

Reactions: BadBob and Romi
BDOG - I have attached an image file with measurements on it. Basically this:

Height of the opening, from the rubber 'bottom' to the 'bottom of the teeth on the top' = 8mm (These teeth obviously vary in height, I measured the smallest width within that arm section).
Length of opening in each arm that the tablet corners fit into: 34mm
Length from the very end of the controller arm, to the opening closest to the controller body itself: 40mm

If you build it I will test. Thanks!

Attachments

• mavic-controller-1.jpg
    mavic-controller-1.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 238
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member