DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

Anthony,

Is the cable shown in the picture connecting to K1 Micro-USB port? Using this cable
View attachment 3977 [/ATTACH]

Its not the one. Its a Left Angle micro usb that is required (cable points to left with curved side of the port on top). What you have in the pic is a right angle one (cable points to right when curved face is up) which will block the hdmi port if you so decide to use it since nvidia's port has curved side facing down.

I picked up a 128GB micro sd card...
There have been a number of cases (myself included) where the 128GB card will not work in the Mavic. I've been able to use one in my OSMO even though the manual says it won't work, but I found with the Mavic the 64GB limit turns out to be accurate.

Its not the one. Its a Left Angle micro usb that is required (cable points to left with curved side of the port on top). What you have in the pic is a right angle one (cable points to right when curved face is up) which will block the hdmi port if you so decide to use it since nvidia's port has curved side facing down.
I do not have anything to verify what you're saying. But I know why you're saying. Take a look at picture below (this is my target configuration). And another pic from the same manufacturer showing the final angle configuration. Pay attention to the surface of the micro usb connector have a icon.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Capture_3.JPG
    Capture_3.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
There have been a number of cases (myself included) where the 128GB card will not work in the Mavic. I've been able to use one in my OSMO even though the manual says it won't work, but I found with the Mavic the 64GB limit turns out to be accurate.

Not for the Mavic .... for the Nvidia Shield :)

I do not have anything to verify what you're saying. But I know why you're saying. Take a look at picture below (this is my target configuration). And another pic from the same manufacturer showing the final angle configuration. Pay attention to the surface of the micro usb connector have a icon.

You can absolutely use a straight connector no problem. But if you want to use an angled connector you will need the left angled model. The Galaxy s4 shown has a right angled connector on it right now which if used on the shield will block the mini hdmi port since the port on the shield is upside down with respect to the s4's port. I'll show you exactly what you need this evening. I have an Nvidia Shield and a left angle connector.

Question for you guys using the Shield. I am on the verge of ordering a tablet specifically for the Mavic and was going to go with the S2 for their nice, bright display. Can anyone comment on how visible the Nvidia Shield display is in the sunlight?

You can absolutely use a straight connector no problem. But if you want to use an angled connector you will need the left angled model. The Galaxy s4 shown has a right angled connector on it right now which if used on the shield will block the mini hdmi port since the port on the shield is upside down with respect to the s4's port. I'll show you exactly what you need this evening. I have an Nvidia Shield and a left angle connector.

One of these also resolves the issue ....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-c...id=1484262428&sr=8-2&keywords=Angle+micro+usb

Reactions: kuyawil
Question for you guys using the Shield. I am on the verge of ordering a tablet specifically for the Mavic and was going to go with the S2 for their nice, bright display. Can anyone comment on how visible the Nvidia Shield display is in the sunlight?

As i live in the UK i can only answer that question in about 3 months ..... just kidding i have used it on a sunny day and it worked just fine but in very bright light it was the same as my Samsung S6 Edge ...

Attachments

• 20170112_183424.jpg
    20170112_183424.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 164
  • 20170112_183559.jpg
    20170112_183559.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 169
  • 20170112_183532.jpg
    20170112_183532.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 166
  • 20170112_183641.jpg
    20170112_183641.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 160
Please look at pic on the left on post #105. The blue dashed lines show mini hdmi cable actually located at left side of micro USB cable.

Reactions: kuyawil
Please look at pic on the left on post #105. The blue dashed lines show mini hdmi cable actually located at left side of micro USB cable.

Yes it is but look at the nvidia usb port, its upside down. See my pics, I'm not trying to trick you here.

Just received my shield and noticed that while wearing polarized sunglasses that when you rotate to landscape that you cannot see the screen. Rotate back to portrait and I can see it again. Kind of disappointing.

Guess I will have to break out the old Ray Ban aviators! They are not polarized.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

have any of you guys seen this alternative to use ipads or simple less wires
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IAUX1TS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

basically is a wireless HDMI receiver that supports miracast and Apple airplay. so you just insert your Ipad mini or any IOS device and airplay the screen, connect this device to your goggles or screen and there you go. probably lags a little more than a cable but haven't tested. just ordered mine. depending on outcome I stick with the Ipad Mini or I buy a SHield.

Yes thats it, seems to have many "alternative" uses as well so looks like a good solution but wanted to get other members opinions. Great vid!

c2d7ac22ff25706e88ddd87264b1bad0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

Anthony, I have a quick question. What is the material of these Z clips? Are they made of plastic? is there the possibility that they can scratch the Nvidia?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada