DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd disconnecting issue.

BmrUpInTheSky

Reactions
I've been using my MP with an older Galaxy S5 for a whlie. It's works okay but can get laggy and choppy at times. I've tried using a Nexus 7 and my Galaxy S7 Edge and both have issues with disconnecting. What's odd is that if test them out in my home I have no disconnecting issues. Not until I'm 5 miles out from my house does this happen. I've tried different USB cables and nothing solves the issues. It's truly weird and very frustrating because I've been taking pictures daily of our house being built so I need this stuff to work.

Also, the S5 does not have cellular, its an old phone I had left over. The S7 is my daily phone. Everything has the most recent roms. I would continue to happily use the S5 but it can get so laggy that my video feed is severely delayed and pictures don't happen for several seconds after I'm pressed the button.

Last edited:
Try rooting the S5 and laying down a bare bones ROM. Samsung has got more junk running in the background than you're aware of. Also, make sure you're in airplane mode with WiFi and bluetooth disabled. Your connection problem may be because the phone is hunting for a network and can't find one so it keeps looking.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
I actually am looking into rooting the S5.

To clear it up, the S5 has no disconnecting issues. Its just laggy. I do have it in airplane mode, but with the Wifi on.

It's the S7 and Nexus 7 that can't hold a connection for more than 5 seconds when outside my home.

I think you guys hit the nail on the head. I tested the S7 in the house with the wifi off, but not in airplane mode so it was using cellular. It was so bad it even made the controller disconnect from the drone. Switched airplane mode on and all was fine. I'll test the same with the Nexus 7 tomorrow. I hoping the same fix helps it even though it doesn't any cellular hardware.

Ever since new update. Many issues.
I switched to S9 and new update and disconnected every flight since. Tried all the stuff they said about mavics. Hit a blog online and they talked about corrupt micro sd card. Took it out and tied to format it on comp. It was toast. Put a new one in. Hasnt disconnected yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23