DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd Mavic 2 Actions

morgan_civ

Reactions
Hello,
A few weeks ago I was flying with my mavic in sport mode, a few hundred feet in the air with plenty of satellites. When I "floored" it, it shot forward like normal, but a few seconds later I could hear it automatically climbing in the air, hearing the change in pitch from below. From 300ft it shot up to 350ft in about 10 seconds, on it's own.

I thought the problem would go away when I landed it, but tonight the same thing happened when I took it out for a spin.

The drone works perfectly in P and T mode. I had a minor crash about a month ago, with no exterior damage to the props, camera or arms, but I can't figure out why there's only a problem in sports mode. There are no displayed errors in the app.
What should I do?

Do you have a skin on, or any external decals applies? I wonder if a skin/decal would flap out during high speed to obstruct a sensor.

Do you have a skin on, or any external decals applies? I wonder if a skin/decal would flap out during high speed to obstruct a sensor.
I got nothing on my drone. I had my FAA registration number on the side, but none of the sensors would pick that up. I just did a test tonight, and it seems like any speed in sports mode over 35mph makes the drone automatically ascend and descend a few seconds later. I have no clue

I had speed issues with sport mode and re-callibrating the IMU cured this, so this might be an option worth trying.

I had speed issues with sport mode and re-callibrating the IMU cured this, so this might be an option worth trying.
After successfully calibrating the IMU, I took it out for a spin, but instead of getting the same problem at 35mph, it kicked in at 45mph. I'm still unsure why. I'm also seeing a "drift" in the way the camera operates, as the horizon does not stay straight.

The Mavic 2 Pro is essentially a high quality flying camera and produces excellent results when used for this purpose.
It does sound like you should consider buying a racing drone, to satisfy your need for speed.
I only use sport mode to enable me to film in tight spaces where the sensors would prohibit entry, like archways and such.

The Mavic 2 Pro is essentially a high quality flying camera and produces excellent results when used for this purpose.
It does sound like you should consider buying a racing drone, to satisfy your need for speed.
I only use sport mode to enable me to film in tight spaces where the sensors would prohibit entry, like archways and such.
Yea, I'm definitely looking into an FPV drone. I don't use sport mode that often, just the idea of my drone having a problem concerns me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143