DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official DJI Response to the GPS Issue

Well, as long as it was "inentional" I suppose it's ok. Hah.

Did anyone have a problem with the accuracy of home points prior to the update? Did it need optimizing?
Not on my end. I hope DJI will get some backlash here. Only thing we can hope is people to call them out on this nonsense.

I'd guess that is going to upset a few people, perhaps you could post this over on the DJI Forum too?

Well, hopefully people will go to town on DJI for this disaster (see attached). Good ol’ “DJI Santa”. They asked for logs and had people run around in circles. Then they issue this. 😖

Ive seen these messages ”From Santa” most of them hanging dji out to dry they were posted by NGC on dji forum. He’s just been banned , so its not worth the paper its written on.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
See . . . this is a problem.

I resisted upgrading my M2P even when the Air was released, then the Air2S because I just knew DJI would set the world ablaze with the Mavic 3 . . . now this crap 😡. There were/are 2 things I'm waiting for (since the firmware release a few days ago); 1). Include the DJI RC Pro Controller into the bundle package and 2). correct the GPS satellite acquisition to less than 60 secs.

Not a deal breaker but I'd want DJI to address this a little more clearly since Air2s has no problems acquiring enough satellites to ascend within 60 seconds.

DJI got off the toilet too quick and left 'something' dangling behind 🤢. . .

Reactions: ExtremeElementz

I resisted upgrading my M2P even when the Air was released, then the Air2S because I just knew DJI would set the world ablaze with the Mavic 3 . . . now this crap 😡. There were/are 2 things I'm waiting for (since the firmware release a few days ago); 1). Include the DJI RC Pro Controller into the bundle package and 2). correct the GPS satellite acquisition to less than 60 secs.

Not a deal breaker but I'd want DJI to address this a little more clearly since Air2s has no problems acquiring enough satellites to ascend within 60 seconds.

Hmm..Makes one wonder if they are trying to get some kind of "Extra special plus version" Homepoint to help alleviate the Mavic 3's that have gone flying away from home with a little bandana tied on the end of a stick. We have at least 3 such stories in this forum 2 of which received replacements under warranty from DJI. Not from good faith but to control the narrative.

Hmm..Makes one wonder if they are trying to get some kind of "Extra special plus version" Homepoint to help alleviate the Mavic 3's that have gone flying away from home with a little bandana tied on the end of a stick. We have at least 3 such stories in this forum 2 of which received replacements under warranty from DJI. Not from good faith but to control the narrative.
There is no evidence of any such problem with the Mavic 3, that would require any remedial action to fix it.
Several million DJI drones have never had GPS issues like this in the past.

There's also nothing to indicate that the Mavic GPS problem is in any way "improving" GPS for the drone.
When the drone can't get a fix within a minute like every other DJI drone and handheld GPS device out there, it's clearly a fault, not a feature.

When the drone can't get a fix within a minute like every other DJI drone and handheld GPS device out there, it's clearly a fault, not a feature.
I'm confident this will get fixed..... Its unfortunate that DJI feels they have to put a spin on it. A simple, "we are working on it", would be much better. I'm actually surprised it isn't fixed already, given DJI's good record with GPS.

Well, as long as it was "inentional" I suppose it's ok. Hah.

Did anyone have a problem with the accuracy of home points prior to the update? Did it need optimizing?
But that accuracy is not needed with the Air2S or any other DJI drone? It sounds like bull, like as if Santa doesn't know what he is talking about.

Reactions: KLRSKIR

This is about my Air 2S I flew past weekend

Yes it takes a lot longer since the lastest Fly App update 1.5.8/.9 have not done any firmware updates on Air 2S , it takes now about 3 minutes at a cold start , and about a minute at warm start (same location) I have also noticed that the signal I much weaker now after the upgrade. Another issue is also the battery flight time, if it would take 4 minutes that would be about 10-15 percent less fly time, that is significant, especially if DJI talks about extended flight time.... hmmmmm.

Many Years ago - long before DJI came into the picture, a new helicopter or new radio system was always pre-tested, sometimes over a year with dozens of factory pilots to make sure the product was ready for public release. This past practice has long been abolished because companies like DJI put sales ahead of pilot safety. New products are now just released, to let pilots pay for their research using their own equipment.

Stay Safe Mike

Attachments

• Tail Stand.jpg
    Tail Stand.jpg
    873.4 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads