DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Fellow straight line fliers,

I love good competition and to keep things interesting this holiday season, I am offering a challenge in each class that expires @ 23:59 31DEC2018 GMT. The first one to acheive the challenge in each class within the allotted time will win a new factory M2 battery.

Stock - 39,000 feet
Modified - 60,000 feet
Unlimited - 70,000 feet
Suicide - 100,000 feet

Good luck and happy flying!

@beanbubba

Great challenge, but I don’t think it’s possible to do 60k modified and 70k unlimited due to the hard limit, unless you let us move controller forward from the home point.

Fellow straight line fliers,

I love good competition and to keep things interesting this holiday season, I am offering a challenge in each class that expires @ 23:59 31DEC2018 GMT. The first one to acheive the challenge in each class within the allotted time will win a new factory M2 battery.

Stock - 39,000 feet
Modified - 60,000 feet
Unlimited - 70,000 feet
Suicide - 100,000 feet

Good luck and happy flying!

@beanbubba
Pr
That happens when your external batteries start charging the factory battery. Always make sure to top off your main battery and make sure it is at the same or higher temperature as the externals.
Yeah that's what happened my point is it didn't turn off main battery like mavic 1 but instead voltage was working an accurate all batt was same volts at the end

Great challenge, but I don’t think it’s possible to do 60k modified and 70k unlimited due to the hard limit, unless you let us move controller forward from the home point.
Moving the home point was mentioned as being acceptable since there's no other way to do a long distance flight with occusync.

Also don't forget to change transmission mode to regular instead of HD for long range, and use a lower res 24fps setting. I was wondering if flying in the dark reduces power consumption of the camera and processor as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joebie and SkyNinja
Moving the home point was mentioned as being acceptable since there's no other way to do a long distance flight with occusync.

Also don't forget to change transmission mode to regular instead of HD for long range, and use a lower res 24fps setting. I was wondering if flying in the dark reduces power consumption of the camera and processor as well.

**** I missed that change, I would’ve shot for 60+ when the weather was still warm.

Reactions: Joebie
@SkyNinja any tips for getting the case off the 4200s

I start where the wires come out of the case, with a pair of needle nose pliers, carefully breaking small pieces of the case off down the seam line until I can pull it apart with my fingers.

Reactions: Aumoe
**** I missed that change, I would’ve shot for 60+ when the weather was still warm.
Rules edit version 9 added this to the unlimited and suicide class. I threw out a 60k feet challenge for MODIFIED class to see if anyone could come up with a new solution to get an extra 1000 feet past the limit.

1543873322430.png

Reactions: Joebie
It is recommended (but not required) that you upgrade your airdata account to gold status and this unlocks the in-flight wind data for you and your share links for others. It's not cheap but gives a lot of insight on your drone performance for analysis and planning.

1543874092414.png

Reactions: Aumoe
Something in the logs is not right, I think it did split some data. The airdata notifications stopped while your bird was 102 feet away. But google earth showed you landed 3 feet from your home point.

View attachment 54955

View attachment 54956
Weird, indeed! However, if you look at the "HD Flight Player" on Airdata Notification it will show that I landed 2.3ft from Homepoint as well. I'm pretty sure that 102ft at 20% was the altitude I was hovering over Homepoint.

homepoint.png

Something in the logs is not right, I think it did split some data. The airdata notifications stopped while your bird was 102 feet away. But google earth showed you landed 3 feet from your home point.

View attachment 54955

View attachment 54956
This is from Aumoe's flight today and it cuts off at 170ft but in the "HD Player" you can see that he did indeed land 5.2ft away from homepoint. It might be Airdata doing this because the log clearly has the information for it to show up in the HD Player!

Aumoe.png

Aumoe1.png

This is from Aumoe's flight today and it cuts off at 170ft but in the "HD Player" you can see that he did indeed land 5.2ft away from homepoint. It might be Airdata doing this because the log clearly has the information for it to show up in the HD Player!

View attachment 55002

View attachment 55003
Yes, we are saying the exact same thing with different words. Does anyone know how/why this is happening and is it repeatable so we can document it?

Rules edit version 9 added this to the unlimited and suicide class. I threw out a 60k feet challenge for MODIFIED class to see if anyone could come up with a new solution to get an extra 1000 feet past the limit.

View attachment 54990
My mistake. The stock and modified batteries should stay safe in your hands then.

I'll be outfitting your old M2P with a couple of externals shortly and testing auto land and optimizing flight speeds. As always I'll report any useful data in this thread.

Edit: I'm eyeing the weather and have a fresh battery to make a 39k stock attempt. If the DA goes to -2000ft or below there's a chance.

@beanbubba skins are allowed in stock. How many layers and what material? With near freezing temps I'm obviously looking at ways to keep the battery warm throughout the flight.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760