DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Went out today to test the Hobbystar 8000 battery and to see if the Auto Landing was definitely null and void in forward flight. I can without a doubt say that Auto Landing does as @beanbubba stated "manifests well before on a hover versus real straight line flying." I had no problems until the end of my flight where I was messing around hovering 5 feet off the ground. AUW 1485, AC Firmware v.0100, no parameter mods, I did warm the batteries before takeoff, plenty of gas left in the tank

Also: thanks @lolo780 warming the batteries before flight makes a big difference!Thumbswayup

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Here is the Video
Leaderboard updated.

Reactions: mlash
Went out today to test the Hobbystar 8000 battery and to see if the Auto Landing was definitely null and void in forward flight. I can without a doubt say that Auto Landing does as @beanbubba stated "manifests well before on a hover versus real straight line flying." I had no problems until the end of my flight where I was messing around hovering 5 feet off the ground. AUW 1485, AC Firmware v.0100, no parameter mods, I did warm the batteries before takeoff, plenty of gas left in the tank

Also: thanks @lolo780 warming the batteries before flight makes a big difference!Thumbswayup

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Here is the Video
What problem did you have at the end of your flight?

What problem did you have at the end of your flight?
No problems really other than the Auto Land. I was hovering at the end of my flight to see if it would Auto Land and it did! Other than that all went well.:)

Reactions: SkyNinja
No problems really other than the Auto Land. I was hovering at the end of my flight to see if it would Auto Land and it did! Other than that all went well.:)
OK great, that positively confirms the heavy auto land theory.

Reactions: SkyNinja

That’s probably why I’ve never experienced it during my battery test flights. I never hover, I’m always moving.[emoji106]

Reactions: Aumoe and mlash
Yeah probably, just don't stop for more than 60 seconds and everything is hunky doryo_O:eek:

I would be interested in others experience when testing super heavy takeoff's. It varies and I do not know why, but some where in the neighborhood of 1900 grams, takeoff is cancelled within a second or two (maybe a couple inches up in the air). By canceled I mean the motors stop completely.

Another great flight today! I had some head wind on the way back but all-in-all, everything went well. Same as last flight AUW 1485, AC Firmware v.0100, some parameter mods (max_bat_power 600), I did warm the batteries before takeoff.

53005-1.png

Last edited:
Good run bro u ready for the big leagues .I had to ordered 1 of them batteries but I us a clip in case I need to use refresh so we'll see how it works out . @mlash

Another great flight today! I had some head wind on the way back but all-in-all, everything went well. Same as last flight AUW 1485, AC Firmware v.0100, some parameter mods (max_bat_power 600), I did warm the batteries before takeoff.

I did forget to turn on screen recorder until I was 8000ft out. Thankfully Android is not splitting the Flight Record anymore!

Video of Flight
Nice easy flight. Could you try adding some weight and test whether auto land is gone? Maybe hover around 1600g.

Good run bro u ready for the big leagues .I had to ordered 1 of them batteries but I us a clip in case I need to use refresh so we'll see how it works out . @mlash
I think the clip will get the same results. The battery is definitely awesomeThumbswayup

Reactions: Aumoe
Nice easy flight. Could you try adding some weight and test whether auto land is gone? Maybe hover around 1600g.
Hey lolo, I had auto land kick in at the end of this flight as well as the last flight (hovering at the end of flight just before landing).

What's confusing is that on Thursday night I set the max_bat_power to 600 (warm batteries, AUW 1485g) and it did a 7min hover test before autoland kicked in. On Friday morning (same setup, no changes, max_bat_power 600, warm batteries, AUW 1485g) I did a hover test and autoland kicked in at 2min. No rhyme or reason in my opinion!

Hey lolo, I had auto land kick in at the end of this flight as well as the last flight (hovering at the end of flight just before landing).

What's confusing is that on Thursday night I set the max_bat_power to 600 (warm batteries, AUW 1485g) and it did a 7min hover test before autoland kicked in. On Friday morning (same setup, no changes, max_bat_power 600, warm batteries, AUW 1485g) I did a hover test and autoland kicked in at 2min. No rhyme or reason in my opinion!
Ok so that's not a fix to set 600. Try maxing that value out.

I did forget to turn on screen recorder until I was 8000ft out. Thankfully Android is not splitting the Flight Record anymore!

Video of Flight

Good flight Mark!

HS8000[emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada