DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Had 1 good run going to try again in a few only have 1 set of batteries i would like to find Ms lihv 4000s if any one knows, but here is this 1

Reactions: Joebie
Got some descent weather(low wind but still cold) an got weigh down to 1580 . Ready to do some flying today View attachment 55208
You could drop some weight with lighter wire straight off the batteries plus XT30 plugs. 16ga is plenty for long range flying on such a short run, especially if you turn your batteries around.

Reactions: Aumoe
You could drop some weight with lighter wire straight off the batteries plus XT30 plugs. 16ga is plenty for long range flying on such a short run, especially if you turn your batteries around.
I believe that but only ones I have right now can't risk messing them up

Nice flight Aumoe! You flew it down to 3.83 and still made it back with 6%[emoji106]

Nice flight Aumoe! You flew it down to 3.83 and still made it back with 6%[emoji106]
Stock is usually 3.61v at 10% isn't it? 3.83v means a lot left. Have any of you guys run externals right down to see how long the M2 flies on 0% ?

My leader board flight, l turn around at 3.87 and land with 1% 3.58. With the MP1 I turn around a 3.79

Aumoe, I think when you shorten up your cables you will drop about 40g.

IMG_0251.JPG

Stock is usually 3.61v at 10% isn't it? 3.83v means a lot left. Have any of you guys run externals right down to see how long the M2 flies on 0% ?
I haven't yet you would think there is a lot left and the % seems off a little. Did you get low battery warnings to go away?

I haven't yet you would think there is a lot left and the % seems off a little. Did you get low battery warnings to go away?
Haven't figured out a way to eliminate the 10% beeping unfortunately.

I'm pretty happy with no auto land descent and being rid of the high load auto land message.

Lolo, 3.83 was his farthest point out voltage. Not his back to home point voltage. Which was 3.67.

All my batteries seem to read percentage to voltage differently, so I just use voltage as my reference point.

Reactions: lolo780
"I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board. @beanbubba
Leaderboard updated.

I noticed Aumoe's flight had the most perfectly straight flight line I had ever remembered. I figured we should track this statistic and I added a column in the leaderboard called "SIP".

Straight-Line Inefficiency Percentage (SIP) = ((MAX*2/TOTAL)-1)*-1

Lower number is better (like golf) :cool:

My leader board flight, l turn around at 3.87 and land with 1% 3.58. With the MP1 I turn around a 3.79

Aumoe, I think when you shorten up your cables you will drop about 40g.

View attachment 55243
I got it a little lighter by changed plugs on batteries(about 15 grams )but sticking with the clip an not brave enough to change wires all the way back at battery yet 20181208_164230.jpg

Reactions: mlash
Don't underestimate the drag caused by loose wires and squared off bits sticking into the airflow, especially on the top surface which angles towards the air stream.

Ideally you could have the connectors off the clip go behind the AC, and run short wires directly to the pack. The rear props advance on the inward side so keeping airflow as clean as possible will maximize their efficiency.

A square has 26 times more drag than an aero tear drop...Screenshot_20181208-171749_Google.jpeg

Last edited:
Went out today to test the Hobbystar 8000 battery and to see if the Auto Landing was definitely null and void in forward flight. I can without a doubt say that Auto Landing does as @beanbubba stated "manifests well before on a hover versus real straight line flying." I had no problems until the end of my flight where I was messing around hovering 5 feet off the ground. AUW 1485, AC Firmware v.0100, no parameter mods, I did warm the batteries before takeoff, plenty of gas left in the tank

Also: thanks @lolo780 warming the batteries before flight makes a big difference!Thumbswayup

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Last edited:
Went out today to test the Hobbystar 8000 battery and to see if the Auto Landing was definitely null and void in forward flight. I can without a doubt say that Auto Landing does as @beanbubba stated "manifests well before on a hover versus real straight line flying." I had no problems until the end of my flight where I was messing around hovering 5 feet off the ground. AUW 1485, AC Firmware v.0100, no parameter mods, I did warm the batteries before takeoff, plenty of gas left in the tank

Also: thanks @lolo780 warming the batteries before flight makes a big difference!Thumbswayup

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Here is the Video
Nice run bro. Looks like you could have made the limit

Nice run bro. Looks like you could have made the limit
Thanks Aumoe. It was my first long run with the battery so I just wanted to see what it could do. I think it will definitely make the limit no problem. I'm looking for the best line that will put my turnaround at an easy spot to retrieve just in case. I just hope it does a quick turn around when it hits the limit so I don't have to go and get it.:oops:

Thanks Aumoe. It was my first long run with the battery so I just wanted to see what it could do. I think it will definitely make the limit no problem. I'm looking for the best line that will put my turnaround at an easy spot to retrieve just in case. I just hope it does a quick turn around when it hits the limit so I don't have to go and get it.:oops:
Back the aircraft over the limit so it doesn't spend time turning around.

Reactions: Joebie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143