DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

I’m looking at entering the range leaderboard, this run is completely stock BUT I have a external battery strapped to it, so would that come under modified? But I’m just shy of 35000ft by 3000ft is that correct? Many thanks

I’m looking at entering the range leaderboard, this run is completely stock BUT I have a external battery strapped to it, so would that come under modified? But I’m just shy of 35000ft by 3000ft is that correct? Many thanks
Nice run bro welcome to the club. It looks like a modified flight to me . You can check page 1 of thread for rules and how to Submit a flight, also need to add @beanbubba so he will know .

Reactions: Dicky4480
Nice run bro welcome to the club. It looks like a modified flight to me . You can check page 1 of thread for rules and how to Submit a flight, also need to add @beanbubba so he will know .

Thanks dude I appreciate that! Thanks for the heads up and I’ll be sure to @beanbubba for my next entry

Reactions: Aumoe
Interesting thread I've only made it through half of it but look forward to reading the rest, just stumbled on it today. The OP did a very good job setting guidelines and creating categories that are clear! Makes me want to pull a long distance flight again. Nice work

Nice flight, what is your setup?

Reactions: Dicky4480
Interesting thread I've only made it through half of it but look forward to reading the rest, just stumbled on it today. The OP did a very good job setting guidelines and creating categories that are clear! Makes me want to pull a long distance flight again. Nice work
Dirtybum, where have you been!!! Grab you an M2 a come visit for a spell :)

Reactions: dirtybum
You were close, go try again and hit 35000 feet. You landed @ 30% battery and have a lot of gas left in the tank. Good job for your first long range attempt.

The M2 is pretty amazing stock and I have over 2000km on one of mine now.
gYZT7wy.jpg

Nice flight, what is your setup?

Thanks dude, set up was completely stock for that run, all I had was a battery clip from UAV mods and a 5200mah battery strapped to it, this was my first proper push with the mavic! Not many people here representing the uk by the looks of it

Reactions: SkyNinja
You were close, go try again and hit 35000 feet. You landed @ 30% battery and have a lot of gas left in the tank. Good job for your first long range attempt.

Thanks dude! I literally got the bits to mod my controller now so I’m going to get that done and go for another run real soon

Thanks dude! I literally got the bits to mod my controller now so I’m going to get that done and go for another run real soon

I'm sure it's in the thread here, so excuse the question that's already answered, what is the max distance anyone has reached here with stock controller, I've read half the thread and noticed a lot of people using modded controllers. I never modded my controller on Mavic one and never found hiccup out to 50,000.

Reactions: SkyNinja
I'm sure it's in the thread here, so excuse the question that's already answered, what is the max distance anyone has reached here with stock controller, I've read half the thread and noticed a lot of people using modded controllers. I never modded my controller on Mavic one and never found hiccup out to 50,000.

Everything you need to know is in Post#1.

A few note worthy differences from the M1:

Dual radio that auto switches. When using a 2.4-only amp/booster, you have to manually set this in Go4 for every single flight.

The M2 will do a heavy load auto land when using dual external batteries. The only work around is constant forward flight.

The M2 has 1080p live video which is default. This shortens the radio range, disable HD live video and the M2 has nearly the same radio range as the M1.

Reactions: Joebie and dirtybum
Everything you need to know is in Post#1.

A few note worthy differences from the M1:

Dual radio that auto switches. When using a 2.4-only amp/booster, you have to manually set this in Go4 for every single flight.

The M2 will do a heavy load auto land when using dual external batteries. The only work around is constant forward flight.

The M2 has 1080p live video which is default. This shortens the radio range, disable HD live video and the M2 has nearly the same radio range as the M1.
Lolo/Skyninja, please pile on here for any significant M1/M2 differences I missed to get dirtybum up to speed.

Lolo/Skyninja, please pile on here for any significant M1/M2 differences I missed to get dirtybum up to speed.

Thanks Bbubba, no need to rehash, thanks lolo/skyninj, i'll figure it out in due time. The answers about auto vs 2.4 were helpful.
Ive been burning my eyes from post #1 on til 500. (And not just skimming)
If all my ?'s arent answered by the last 200 posts I'll ask ya'll.

Btw, thankyou Pablo for the shoutout early in the thread[emoji41]

I am submitting this one for STOCK SUICIDE CLASS. no mods/additions of any kinds. up to date software/firmware, etc on standard ios device.

i flew to the turn around point without moving from my initiall ocation, buti did move after that, to collect the drone (and have as much current location info as possible- i 98% 'human' landed it)

had i known these boards existed, i wouldve chosen a different area to fly and gone for absolute max range(s). next time(s) :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98