DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Question for the OP/community, can one use a modded mav2 (xt 30 wires) but NO software mods, controller mods(hard or soft) and NO external battery hooked up to attempt "stock" flight for consideration??

Question for the OP/community, can one use a modded mav2 (xt 30 wires) but NO software mods, controller mods(hard or soft) and NO external battery hooked up to attempt "stock" flight for consideration??
My opinion is that should be allowed as the added weight and drag can only be a disadvantage.

Any extra holes in the bodywork should be only large enough to be functional, and must be sealed.

This has been debated many times in the past.

Before I give any input, what is it you are trying to accomplish?

Nothing in particular, with mav 1 I flew all my record "stock" attempts before doing any xt60 mods. I find stock record attempts much more difficult and risky than batmod flights.
I don't know if I want to start off doing 6+ miles stock flights, I might feel more comfortable running a few bat mod runs! If I crash a Mav I can't replace them as easily as most of you guys. So I want to make sure that I can always go back to a stock attempt. That's why I propose the question

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Nothing in particular, with mav 1 I flew all my record "stock" attempts before doing any xt60 mods. I find stock record attempts much more difficult and risky than batmod flights.
I don't know if I want to start off doing 6+ miles stock flights, I might feel more comfortable running a few bat mod runs! If I crash a Mav I can't replace them as easily as most of you guys. So I want to make sure that I can always go back to a stock attempt. That's why I propose the question
I always wanted a separate class that allowed all the mods in the modified class BUT you could only use the factory battery cell (removed from the case or not). The idea never got any traction and the group think was that we have too many classes already.

The M2 is much better behaved than any other DJI machine, stock to stock. It won't just drop out of the sky near the end and it will maintain yaw control to the last drop of juice.

Even after 90 cycles I can still do 33k ft stock flights which is nice considering how much the batteries cost.

Thats interesting and nice to hear, the uncontrollable yaw at the end of record breaking flights is the entire reason I gave up an stopped flying the mav1

I always wanted a separate class that allowed all the mods in the modified class BUT you could only use the factory battery cell (removed from the case or not). The idea never got any traction and the group think was that we have too many classes already.

So whats the verdict? Is the flight still eligable for stock if all stock behaviors are used ...buuut your bird has a couple funny power leads dangling in the wind(unplugged)?

So whats the verdict? Is the flight still eligable for stock if all stock behaviors are used ...buuut your bird has a couple funny power leads dangling in the wind(unplugged)?
You bring up a new argument not posed before that I have no issue with and I propose to adjust the stock verbiage as follows:

"Any non powered passive material may be added to the bird that does not improve flight performance. Nothing can be removed from the bird for weight reduction methods with one exception for small drill holes to accommodate routing of cables. This exception is allowed for pilots that wish to use the same bird in the other classes and permanent wiring is installed."

Need the other leaderboard users to vote this in or not.

You bring up a new argument not posed before that I have no issue with and I propose to adjust the stock verbiage as follows:

"Any non powered passive material may be added to the bird that does not improve flight performance. Nothing can be removed from the bird for weight reduction methods with one exception for small drill holes to accommodate routing of cables. This exception is allowed for pilots that wish to use the same bird in the other classes and permanent wiring is installed."

Sounds good to me

I wasnt trying to make change or extra work for the OP.
I can just try stock runs first.
Only problem is to really push the stock record the aircraft might not survive [emoji41]

I’m good with it!

I wasnt trying to make change or extra work for the OP.
I can just try stock runs first.
Only problem is to really push the stock record the aircraft might not survive [emoji41]
With the recent personnel changes, there are only 7 of us left on the boards. We already have 3 yays, and 0 nays. Just need one more yay and motion is passed to change the ROE (rules of engagement).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev