DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Someone else asked that too. I’ll have to make a note in the description that it was a normal flight distance test and that I’ll be doing a sport mode test in the same area later. As far as lowering altitude, I honestly didn’t think of that. I was just trying to get home and watching the feed to keep up with where I was at so I could prepare for landing.

Someone else told me that I could have taken the battery to 0 and still make it but I didn’t want to risk it. I just got back into the hobby after not having a drone for the last 2 years and really didn’t want it to drop dead out of the sky lol.
I just don't see what the harm would have been, to get it home.

Maybe you'll come to find out it has -less- range.

[emoji2369]

Either way, that is a great distance.
Kudos to you

Reactions: Amckim2084
I just don't see what the harm would have been, to get it home.

Maybe you'll come to find out it has -less- range.

[emoji2369]

Either way, that is a great distance.
Kudos to you

Thanks. I’m sure others here are far more riskier than me right now but I’m easing back into it. I got a 5 mile one way flight with P3S a few years back. Crashed it the first attempt and did it again the next day with success so I’m sure I’ll get back up there lol.

Reactions: Drone Master
Watch the cell voltages to get a better idea of where you're at. By looking at other airdata cell graphs you can estimate your remaining flight time.

Hope you all always start off flying into the wind so you have a successful return with the wind to its back for the return . This is how drones get lost so be smart , its not worth losing you new Mavic Air or Pro over.
Kinda like spitting into the wind. It always comes home.

Where do I find the maximum distance from home point? I can only find travel distance in the Dji Go 4 Applikation.
Screenshot_20191013-002638.jpg

Where do I find the maximum distance from home point? I can only find travel distance in the Dji Go 4 Applikation.
View attachment 83449
You will have to upload your flight log to airdata. The screen you are showing must be played to the most far distant point. Pause the flight then take the screenshot.
Even so, you will still need a airdata link to prove your flight for a chance on the Leaderboard.

6200 m Antenna ITELITE Spark Duo. Battery mod Air + Spark.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-203717.png
    Screenshot_20200328-203717.png
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reactions: lolo780
@Long Ranger
7327 m Antenna ITELITE Spark Duo. Battery mod Air + Spark
7896896.jpg

Farthest I've gone in Kuwait, using 4Hawks SR, the video got a little choppy towards the 3.3K mark. The farthest point was at 3646.3 meters. got back home with 30% battery. Highly populated area, with a lot of wifi interference, hence the altitude.

That's amazing...Did you use a signal amplifier other than the 4hawks SR?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake