Join Us Now

Oh boy... we are all flying spy drones! DHS warns of 'strong concerns'

Status
Not open for further replies.
That flag is missing 25 stars

Reactions: Slim.slamma
I fixed the picture

TiJ7NcW.jpg

Our local Chick-Fil-A restaurants have a trash can that senses your approach and opens up for you when you walk up to it.

Our local grocery store recently got a robot that drives around the store detecting spills, it's about 6' tall and just moves around the store. Apparently in the bigger stores the robots they have even clean up the spills, while this one just detects it and I'm assuming notifies someone to come clean it up.

Thankfully the store have stuck a big smiley face and googly eyes in it, otherwise all the shoppers works be freaked out.

It's cool watching people's reaction to it though, especially young children who are really fascinated by it.

If anything, this shows how unprepared the general public is for technological advancement. Things like super-batteries, sentient AI or self-driving cars. Imagine the freakout if trashcans suddenly start talking to people. "Thank you for not littering, miss pretty blonde in a plaid shirt!"
They do....talking trash cans are in airports now.

Spying involves aggregating data to provide a larger, more useful picture than what any one person's data might provide.

We've all been desensitized to having our privacy stripped away because it's all so very convenient and who doesn't like "free"? In the end, we are just a resource to be manipulated and mined by the large tech companies, etc. This all could have been avoided by being willing to pay a relatively small fee for the services that we use. There is a price to be paid by our use of social media, etc. It's just not $$ up front.

Reactions: ravedog
IMO this is just one of the first steps the Government is using to make more laws on Drone Owners. They make up these reports. Then over time these so called reports give them reason to restrict drone flights from the general public. Large companies like Amazon and others. Want this Air space for there future Drone Deliveries.

China Hacked the OPM while Obama was in Office and nothing was every done. It was the largest Cyber attack in history on the US. China has always been threat. China has more then enough info on us. I don't believe anything they can take from a DJI Drone will get them anything worth while....Unless they only track Drones in certain areas. Like new Military Bases. Since they all have GPS and Live Feed. I'm guess DJI would have access to that data in one way or another.

Any Korean Was veterans on the board? Is China really a friend to the U
I fixed the picture

TiJ7NcW.jpg

I would think the Yankee Mavic would be Union Blue. The Mavic on the left is already Confederate Grey. The Union Mavic should have picked up a blue skin from Decalgirl or their Mavic would be subject to friendly fire..

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Define "BIG data", and think who is playing this game now. Google, FB, IG......Every single apps in playstore and apple app store are doing it. Every apple users are being watched the same way as the dji users. And guess who is behind Google, IG, FB...? My dog knows. Don't you?

Reactions: Greg Webb
Per the CNN article, there are basically 3 things suggested to do:
Users are warned to "be cautious when purchasing" drones from China, and to take precautionary steps like:
1)Turning off the device's internet connection; and
2)Removing secure digital cards; and
3)To "understand how to properly operate and limit your device's access to networks" to avoid "theft of information."

I'm honestly not sure what any of these things mean. My device is off when it's off, it's wifi connected to my phone when in operation...so how do you 'turn off the device's internet connection'? What secure digital card can be removed? My micro-SD card? What is that? and what steps are needed to limit the network access? Would love if some expert provided a step by step to explain these things for a noob.

Let's talk about Google and facial recognition. Now that's a little scary. I believe big brother is collecting all this data as well as DNA from everyone. I don't do anything wrong so I really don't have a problem with it but some would. Just saying...

Our local grocery store recently got a robot that drives around the store detecting spills, it's about 6' tall and just moves around the store. Apparently in the bigger stores the robots they have even clean up the spills, while this one just detects it and I'm assuming notifies someone to come clean it up.

Thankfully the store have stuck a big smiley face and googly eyes in it, otherwise all the shoppers works be freaked out.

It's cool watching people's reaction to it though, especially young children who are really fascinated by it.

Does It have a "Kick Me" Post it note on the back..;)

Reactions: naiku
Soon, Chinese made sandles and T shirts will be labled as spywares....and so are diapers, toilet rolls... So shut down all dollar stores, downsize all department stores....staffs can spend.all time with families, do gardening, walk around eating winds as meals because it's cost no money..while listening to the golden hair mad man yelling on the TV.

Well if you trust the Chinese with anything, you must be nuts. I always fly in airplane mode on the tablet, and kill the app after flight. I also don't allow it background data, and NEVER sync flight logs. DJI assistant is a no-go on my laptop. Have you ever looked at the permissions for this APP, it's insane! But hey it's your privacy, do with it what you wish...

So we should all go fly more, bombard them with great footage of lakes and mountains and deserts and beaches and rivers. Make 'em work!

So we should all go fly more, bombard them with great footage of lakes and mountains and deserts and beaches and rivers. Make 'em work!

They have plenty of cheap labor (children) to review it, that wouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga