DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old fart's flying chair with porta shade!

Agree with others, Where are the cup holders? And a couple rod holders for the beach. Gotta love that antenna array. ?

nice chair ?

Reactions: MA2 317
Can you mount a small solar panel on the umbrella?

Reactions: mereflyer
I sympathize about seeing the controller. It's what led me to buy a ChrystalSky. It works too, but I have mixed feelings about the thing....
I just looked that up. Looks really nice but pricy. I picked up a feelworld ultra bright for my cameras but unfortunately it won't work the controller. Not a touch screen. What don't you like about the CrystalSky?

I just looked that up. Looks really nice but pricy. I picked up a feelworld ultra bright for my cameras but unfortunately it won't work the controller. Not a touch screen. What don't you like about the CrystalSky?
ChrystalSky (CS) is Android based and the OS is tailored specifically for DJI. It also uses a special version of the Go4 App. It does not support the new DJI Fly App. The fly App is 64 bit, the CS uses a 32 bit OS. So no using it with the Mini or Air 2. DJI has not committed to ever producing a version of the Fly App for the CS. This is how I ended up with a Mavic 2, which really broke the budget, as opposed to the Air 2.

Don't get me wrong, the CS works great, but it's way expensive and I worry about DJI's continuing support. (due to it's 32 bit OS).

ChrystalSky (CS) is Android based and the OS is tailored specifically for DJI. It also uses a special version of the Go4 App. It does not support the new DJI Fly App. The fly App is 64 bit, the CS uses a 32 bit OS. So no using it with the Mini or Air 2. DJI has not committed to ever producing a version of the Fly App for the CS. This is how I ended up with a Mavic 2, which really broke the budget, as opposed to the Air 2.

Don't get me wrong, the CS works great, but it's way expensive and I worry about DJI's continuing support. (due to it's 32 bit OS).
Appreciate that breakdown. I have both the air2 and the mavic2 so that would really kind of bum me out to be able to use it only for the one.

Appreciate that breakdown. I have both the air2 and the mavic2 so that would really kind of bum me out to be able to use it only for the one.
Indeed, unfortunate that they aren't supporting it fully.

Another thing that bugged me, the CS comes with 1 battery, and no charger! Had to buy a Phantom charger to be able to charge it! It was the least expensive one I could find that was compatible at the time. Also, you need a separate mount, since it doesn't fit the arms of the controller. Costs just kept adding up.

Okay, rant over. Like I said though, I love using it because I can actually see it, even in sunlight.

Indeed, unfortunate that they aren't supporting it fully.

Another thing that bugged me, the CS comes with 1 battery, and no charger! Had to buy a Phantom charger to be able to charge it! It was the least expensive one I could find that was compatible at the time. Also, you need a separate mount, since it doesn't fit the arms of the controller. Costs just kept adding up.

Okay, rant over. Like I said though, I love using it because I can actually see it, even in sunlight.
Wow! That's pushing a grand for a monitor. I think I'll see how the porta shade works out first. I know I would enjoy the unit but I don't think I would enjoy the hole in my pocket.

Wow! That's pushing a grand for a monitor. I think I'll see how the porta shade works out first. I know I would enjoy the unit but I don't think I would enjoy the hole in my pocket.
There is an option out there, if you do have some money burning a hole in your pocket. The Smart controller is the same brightness as my 5.5 inch CS (1000 nits, though not the ultrabright 7.5 inch at 2000 nits). I just read that it is now compatible with the Air 2. It wasn't till just recently. No idea about cost, not cheap I'll warrant.

Reactions: Classic flyer
There is an option out there, if you do have some money burning a hole in your pocket. The Smart controller is the same brightness as my 5.5 inch CS (1000 nits, though not the ultrabright 7.5 inch at 2000 nits). I just read that it is now compatible with the Air 2. It wasn't till just recently. No idea about cost, not cheap I'll warrant.
Watched a few videos on it. $750. Gotta think about that a bit. I might just do it. Really wish I could try one first. Very tempting.

I do some work out mapping fields and I've thrown this in the back of the van for the days when it is just too sunny (nice and clear with the sun high is great for the images, terrible for the red-headed pilot!

It is pop up / down (literally seconds) and if the wind is too strong for it to stay put without stakes it's getting too strong for flying!

tent.jpg

I do some work out mapping fields and I've thrown this in the back of the van for the days when it is just too sunny (nice and clear with the sun high is great for the images, terrible for the red-headed pilot!

It is pop up / down (literally seconds) and if the wind is too strong for it to stay put without stakes it's getting too strong for flying!

View attachment 114809
That's a great idea too. Might be a bit much for setting up on a street corner but for most launch points it would work fine.

All of these sure beats my lame solution.........I just got a cardboard box large enough.......and stuck my head and shoulders inside! As you may surmise.....I get lots of strange looks!!

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972