DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GoodGuy

Reactions
Close call this morning - and a good reminder to keep my eyes on my drone!

Looks like the Mavic is pretty robust though...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They do make quite good hedge trimmers.

I tried a similar trick with a rubber plant on the terrace when landing a little bit "hot".

In fairness I hadn't noticed a wind direction change and so miscalculated the battery needed to get back home.

Arrived home just as the 10% forced landing kicked in - 10 feet short of the balcony! Normally I hover just above a relativly clear area and land from the other direction. I sort of panicked and threaded it in between the balustrade, a light post and under an awning very quickly.
Clipped a bit of thread hanging off the awning, and went sideways into the rubber plant before nestling next to the garden furniture. No damage but replaced the props anyway.

Lessons: Just because the wind was blowing off-shore an hour before - doesn't mean it still is when you take off for a 5 mile round trip down the river.

Reactions: GoodGuy
Dam lucky there, how did the props look after?
The props were covered in leaf goo, but actually no damage that I could see. I was REALLY lucky! And the river was just waiting down below - and absolutely brown with silt so I never would have found it!

And if anyone is interested, here's how the video turned out:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: WizDrone
They do make quite good hedge trimmers.

I tried a similar trick with a rubber plant on the terrace when landing a little bit "hot".

In fairness I hadn't noticed a wind direction change and so miscalculated the battery needed to get back home.

Arrived home just as the 10% forced landing kicked in - 10 feet short of the balcony! Normally I hover just above a relativly clear area and land from the other direction. I sort of panicked and threaded it in between the balustrade, a light post and under an awning very quickly.
Clipped a bit of thread hanging off the awning, and went sideways into the rubber plant before nestling next to the garden furniture. No damage but replaced the props anyway.

Lessons: Just because the wind was blowing off-shore an hour before - doesn't mean it still is when you take off for a 5 mile round trip down the river.
Good tip about the wind! I normally try and get back home with about a 1/3 of the battery left - I'd rather shorten the flight than run the risk of it going down where I can't find it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrispmooney