DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinions sought: Firehouse Technology strobes

Sorry to hear about Dyson..
I thought they were the bomb diggity..
Guess not huh..
Probably the worst thing I have purchased in the last decade. Sent it back twice to be "repaired " and now, basically it sits in the closet, and I use my new Shark, which is an awesome vacuum cleaner.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Probably the worst thing I have purchased in the last decade. Sent it back twice to be "repaired " and now, basically it sits in the closet, and I use my new Shark, which is an awesome vacuum cleaner.
Kinda funny we are talking bout vacuum cleaners cause I love mine as well..
My wife says I’m obsessive compulsive when it comes to cleaning and vacuuming.,
It’s not a weekly event like most cases I vac. Ever day..
Sometimes a couple times a day depending on traffic..
I will check out the Shark.,
Btw, I even name my vacuums..
Currently Penelope is with us..
Lmao

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Lmao
I am OCD about cleanliness, so understand completely. My maid comes in every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, cleans my entire house, and she does my work offices Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Anybody running these on a Mavic Air 1, just asking if the weight had any effect on performance or balancing of the drone?
I have them left front and right rear on the Air 1 encased in the mounts I got from [email protected].
As far as weight I don't even know they are there, and my VLOS has increased considerably.

Thanks. I based my comment on video's on youtube where they show the mini lifting stuff so I assumed something in the order of 26g would be OK. I stand corrected :)
I use the Firehouse Techologies strobes that are put into a housing that fits under the mini and locks into place. The mini flies fine with no issues and I have seen little to no effect on the mini. It also looks nice and serves as a landing platform also. It does not cover the start switch and it is vented so it does not affect the cooling of the mini. They are on sale here

I upgraded recently to an M2P and, of course, I ordered a set of Firehouse Technology ARC II strobes, 1 red, 1 green, 1 white. I also ordered the custom mounts for the M2P which appear to be 3D printed. They are awesome! Recessed a bit for the light so all you see is the circuit board and LEDs. Love it and wouldn't change a thing. Use'em every time I fly.

When I received my FH ARC II's, I also thought the clear heat shrink tubing around the unit(s) might be an issue at some point.

But having used heat shrink tubing on electronic projects over the years, I know the clear heat shrink tubing on the FH ARC II'S is extremely tough.

I have mine mounted in the 3D printed mounts Mike Singer sells....great product.

At times I will reach my horizontal flight limit (500 meters), which I would not be able to see without the FH ARC II'S....very good solution.

I like the firehouse strobes, but they do not last. I've contacted the company several times about strobes that will no longer charge after a few months and they are unwilling to back them up.

I like the firehouse strobes, but they do not last. I've contacted the company several times about strobes that will no longer charge after a few months and they are unwilling to back them up.
Wonder why they failed so quickly? Mine are over 2 yrs old and still work fine.

Speaking of Firehouse ARC II stobes, I read this disclaimer "The only warning I'll give to Mavic Mini owners is, once you get it to your flying height, keep it there because if you come down with less than 80% battery, Payload mode kicks in and keeps it under 100ft...if you have climbed to clear obstacles and descended below that height with the obstacles still between you and the MM you will not be able to return the drone to the launch site unless you can fly a different route back!" Has anyone encountered a problem with the Payload restriction kicking in forcing the MM to drop to below 100' until you can land it? Sounds like a serious problem with adding accessories to the MM unless you are flying in central Kansas.

Lmao
Vacuums? we are talking about vacuums? My daughter got me one of those Roombas automatic vacuums last year for Christmas., now my house gets vacuumed every afternoon at 2pm, weather I'm there or not!! works great!

What you propose is a good idea but let me tell you my personal experience with firehouse strobes..

A year and a half ago my Mavic self landed at night with two firehouse strobes in stock form.
For 30 days my Mavic was missing..
I had written it off and began to sell off remote and batteries when I got a call from a man I had met the day after I lost Mavic..
He informed me he had found my mavic on his roof!!!!
For 30 days and nights my Mavic had endured thunderstorms and high heat..
I was glad to have it back but fiqured it was toast after sitting in the elements so long..

Well imagine my surprise when my Mavic fired up with a different battery and the firehouse strobes worked fine after a charge...

So do as u please but I can tell u they got wet, cooked and abandoned but after a few hours of charging came back to life good as new..
Great story, and outcome, glad you got it back

Reactions: JohnnyD913 and A.O.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2