DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Optimise altitude for Long distance flight?

nocolour

Reactions
Hi Drone expert,

Regardless of law, What is the best altitude or heights for long distance flight.

Mavic pro can flight upto 5000 meter from sea level and RC limit height upto 500M.

I know the plane flight higher can save the petro and energy. How about Mavic Pro? What is the optimise altitude for Mavic Pro?

If no wind, flight higher can have longer flight time or not?

What is your suggestion?

Thanks for your sharing ....

Hi Drone expert,

Regardless of law, What is the best altitude or heights for long distance flight.

Mavic pro can flight upto 5000 meter from sea level and RC limit height upto 500M.

I know the plane flight higher can save the petro and energy. How about Mavic Pro? What is the optimise altitude for Mavic Pro?

What is your suggestion?

Why do you want to know?

What plans do you have that will help get a relevant answer ?

You won't be able to notice any difference in any practical situation. Going higher (with regard to ground) would only lose you time and thus energy.

Hi Drone expert,

What is your suggestion?

The higher up you are the longer it will take to descend giving you more time to correct a malfunction.

what is the best altitude for long flight like 7KM?? 60m, 70m, 100m or above.? the best altitude for mavic pro long flight...

thanks for your sharing..

You have to consider 2 problems:

1) The higher you are the clear should be the path between you and the aircraft but the stronger are the winds. If you have headwind, you will go slower and come back faster. Going against the wind will drain you battery faster:

upload_2017-8-18_8-43-7.png

2) The amount of interference (power cables, wifi and other transimtters density) and visual blocks such as buildings and montains.

So, I would say that it really depends on the local weather conditions, the local terrain and environment (city, beach, desert, forest). No magic formula.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78