DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordering from DJI directly is a NIGHTMARE!

Who would tell any shipping company to forgo a signature and leave $1000 item at the door. Sorry, to me, even considering doing that is crazy.

It was a $5 (including shipping) OTG cord and a set of $30 props for me. My $1300 Mavic Pro Fly More was delivered to the front desk at my apartment. Go figger!

I ordered some new Mavic Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers (Golden) nearly two weeks ago from DJI Europe. My order was acknowledged but the tracking link still states that payment was received but still not shipped. It also cost me £10 for the props plus £10.26 postage. I should live in Alaska!

Reactions: Partizans
Ordered the new props from china (aliexp.) Came in a neat small envelope to my postbox (live in a flat) Finland.

I understand your frustration. However, when I ordered a Fly More Mavic Pro from DJI, I'm pretty sure it was clear that I personally would have to be home to sign for package.

I had the same problem when I bought my Inspire 1. I took the day off work to be home after I found out not only did I need to be home, but I couldn't redirect to my workplace because it was in a different delivery area or something (never did get a good answer on that). However there was a pretty big snow storm that closed highways all over the western states, so they missed the delivery date (by almost a week). Even though it sat at the distribution center in Denver for a few days they still wouldn't redirect it to the office. I finally was able to redirect it to a FedEx shipping store in Grand Junction. And no apologies or explanation from the call center drone, just basically reading off the web site, even when I spoke to a "supervisor."

I think their software is set up for "no exceptions, no matter what" and that's just how it is. I've learned my lesson and now ship everything that comes through FedEx to the office since I know there's going to be someone there. Because I work in many different locations any package might sit for a few days until I have an office day but better than screwing around with FedEx.

Really makes me wish I could have someone pick up a package for me instead of having the seller take care of it. Maybe someday we'll be able to send our drones out to the warehouse...

Don't ever order ANYTHING from DJI directly. It will be delivered ONLY if there is a person present at the address to sign for it in the USA. It also cannot be signed by anyone else, nor can it be delivered to a local FedEx office...as stated by the FedEx reps. It doesn't even matter the dollar value...including propellers or even a $5 OTG cable. So, if you order from DJI directly and live alone AND have to work...you'll never receive your package.

Plus, customer service is a joke. I received a call from a chinese woman and she just couldn't understand why I could not be available to sign for the package. I told her that I have to WORK like everyone else. She must think all Americans are millionaires and live a life of leisure at home.
Sorry to here it . I ordered my mavic from DJI
No problem. . A power supply no problem .
Mavic repaired no problem . Service is getting better . They are on LA . Repair . But when you call you are talking to China .

I used to have a recurring nightmare as a child where a bear was trying to break in to a shop I was hiding in. It felt real to me and I used to wake up crying. In comparison, not putting your work address down for a delivery just seems like a mild inconvenience. I'm not a millennial though so perhaps that's the difference ;-)

I tried that...no joy. When I contacted FedEx last time and got the same answer...I just told them to return to sender. I had to do the same thing with a $5 (including shipping!) cable. You wonder why FedEx would suffer thru this kind of delivery practice for literally a dollar or two.

The only way I got the attention of DJI last time was to give them one-star on their Amazon reviews. With direct purchase thru DJI, I have little recourse...except thru my CC.
Don't blame DJI, why can't FedEX let you pick up a package at their site, it is because they are a "no service" company, if i order something to be delivered I tell the seller if you are going to ship FedEX cancel the order. They are NEVER able to find my home, they even called me and said they could not find my home, I told them my street is only about 3/4 of a mile long, Do you want me to stand in the street and you can find me that way, the driver said yes. I want to advise you I am 90 years old, I stood there for 45 minutes, he never showed up and he said he was on my street when I talked to him. I called his office to file a complaint, the manager hung up on me. I would NEVER USE FedEX, and will not buy from anyone who ONLY ships via FedEX Larry

Reactions: james_mav
Having been an account exec with UPS for about 5 years I can confirm that what the OP is saying is an option for shippers. UPS calls it DDO or Direct Delivery Only. It protects from fraud. And I can tell you for high value shippers, well, let's just say I had a customer ripped off for nearly $50k in products over about a weeks time before this service was available. For low value products it doesn't make sense, but it may be an all or nothing setting for FedEx accounts. DJI should make this clear on their website.

Don't ever order ANYTHING from DJI directly. It will be delivered ONLY if there is a person present at the address to sign for it in the USA. It also cannot be signed by anyone else, nor can it be delivered to a local FedEx office...as stated by the FedEx reps. It doesn't even matter the dollar value...including propellers or even a $5 OTG cable. So, if you order from DJI directly and live alone AND have to work...you'll never receive your package.

As I suspected, this is not correct. You CAN change delivery to a FedEx office online. You only need to have a free FedEx account and it gives you the option to change the delivery to a nearby FedEx office.

upload_2017-10-12_6-13-54.png

Actually, the shipper can set the shipment to not be redirected. It is under the control of the shipper to allow you to redirect packages.

In the UPS world, it is all or nothing for the shipper, and it's called DDO, direct delivery only. So high value shippers have 1 account that they set this way and ship their high value stuff on. They have a second account that they ship the lower value stuff on that isn't set to DDO.

And I would guess occasionally the shipping dept uses the wrong account for a high or low value shipment.

So it's quite possible that the poster could not redirect his package.

As I suspected, this is not correct. You CAN change delivery to a FedEx office online. You only need to have a free FedEx account and it gives you the option to change the delivery to a nearby FedEx office.

View attachment 23131

Reactions: MrsTreat
I ordered some new Mavic Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers (Golden) nearly two weeks ago from DJI Europe. My order was acknowledged but the tracking link still states that payment was received but still not shipped. It also cost me £10 for the props plus £10.26 postage. I should live in Alaska!
I also ordered from the main DJI internet store (a new Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More). Similar scenario... Promised delivery 5-7 work days. However, two weeks later, the status is still "payment confirmed, shipping DHL pending". I contacted customer support to inquire and surprise, and they said the order must be cancelled because the "State/Region" field in the address can only contain a 2 letter abbreviation (which is standard in the US, but meaningless in Europe). They refunded the money, and I immediately re-ordered. I tried leaving the "State/Region" field empty, but the order process says it is a mandatory field. So this time I spelled out the region in an address line, and filled in 2 almost random letters in the "State/Region" field. We'll see if this social engineering is a workaround for the stupid order form (actually the order form is OK, just a problem with incompetent people processing the data entered).

at least you guys were able to buy there,they turned down my cc,then turned down my bank card,then after i bought the goggles elsewhere i get a email saying ''hey you left an item in your card'',,dont worry,well hold it for you,,duhh

I ordered a set of props. First attempt to deliver I wasn’t home. I had them leave the package at Walgreens and I picked it up after work. Worked out great.

at least you guys were able to buy there,they turned down my cc,then turned down my bank card,then after i bought the goggles elsewhere i get a email saying ''hey you left an item in your card'',,dont worry,well hold it for you,,duhh
I didn't use a CC, at least not directly. To add a layer of security, I paid with my Paypal account. Of course, Paypal deducts the funds from my CC, but the seller does not even see my CC number. Plus Paypal sends a handy confirmation/tracking e-mail showing funds were delivered. Payment step solved; order shipment step yet to be resolved... :)

I didn't use a CC, at least not directly. To add a layer of security, I paid with my Paypal account. Of course, Paypal deducts the funds from my CC, but the seller does not even see my CC number. Plus Paypal sends a handy confirmation/tracking e-mail showing funds were delivered. Payment step solved; order shipment step yet to be resolved... :)
normally i use my money card,i got tired of giving my cc card to my wife and having her go over the agreed amount and if it does gets hacked only what i put on it can be taken

normally i use my money card,i got tired of giving my cc card to my wife and having her go over the agreed amount and if it does gets hacked only what i put on it can be taken
Yes, I suggest using Paypal, or as you said, a prepaid CC. Sending a real CC number to China just seems like taking on unnecessary risk.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones