DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordering from DJI directly is a NIGHTMARE!

For expensive things I have things sent to my work. The rest of the time UPS and Fedex know to leave it at my front door. I also have a security camera

When I ordered my Mavic Pro fly more combo directly from DJI I experienced the same. They would not allow me to pick it up from Fed-Ex without at lease 1 attempt of delivery. Fed-Ex did leave a paper that I could sign for them to leave the package at the door on the next delivery attempt. I have a security system that will email me when a package is delivered and luckily I am only 8 minutes from my office. I zipped home to pull it inside to safety, and right back to the office................ I can’t lie, I did have to start charging the batteries and RC before returning to the office. It was too dark when I got home and had to wait until lunch the next day for the maiden flight,

Reactions: Partizans
When I ordered my Mavic Pro fly more combo directly from DJI I experienced the same. They would not allow me to pick it up from Fed-Ex without at lease 1 attempt of delivery. Fed-Ex did leave a paper that I could sign for them to leave the package at the door on the next delivery attempt. I have a security system that will email me when a package is delivered and luckily I am only 8 minutes from my office. I zipped home to pull it inside to safety, and right back to the office................ I can’t lie, I did have to start charging the batteries and RC before returning to the office. It was too dark when I got home and had to wait until lunch the next day for the maiden flight,
A-N-T-I-C-I-P-A-T-I-O-N
hard huh?

I missed 2 delivery attempts of a Spark battery from DJI by Fedex. Was told couldn’t pick it up in person. Final delivery attempt I was out but got home just as driver was getting ready to drive away.

Dji sent me the wrong items and won’t answer emails, displayed transaction with the bank they said they’d get on dji to fix it or refund it.

Reactions: Partizans
My suggestion is to order from a DJI authorized dealer as close to your location as possible. The price will be the same and you will be dealing with someone "local" if there are any problems.

They also sent me a defective mavic, compass was broken when it came and it’s been sitting in Dallas for a week now on a hold with ups.

Shipping issues aside, last year when I ordered a Spark (since sold to get the MP), I ordered direct from DJI. 3 days to check my credit card, 5 more days with nothing happening. Finally cancelled the DJI order and got it on Amazon. Same price. Here the next day.

Don't ever order ANYTHING from DJI directly. It will be delivered ONLY if there is a person present at the address to sign for it in the USA. It also cannot be signed by anyone else, nor can it be delivered to a local FedEx office...as stated by the FedEx reps. It doesn't even matter the dollar value...including propellers or even a $5 OTG cable. So, if you order from DJI directly and live alone AND have to work...you'll never receive your package.

Plus, customer service is a joke. I received a call from a chinese woman and she just couldn't understand why I could not be available to sign for the package. I told her that I have to WORK like everyone else. She must think all Americans are millionaires and live a life of leisure at home.

Picked mine up at Best Buy, , 5% using Best Buy card and 25 days free mony.

Ordered my Alpine white MP directly from DJI - Came from China and arrived a day early (today to be exact). No issues at all.

i use amazon prime,free shipping and great return policy,i saved nearly $400 on shipping and taxes this Christmas

Update:
I just placed a order with DJI (had no choice as price for this Spark portable charger was 50% higher everywhere else).
At checkout had new option there to Not Require Signature.
We’ll see.

Update:
Still waiting for shipping notification. Ordered a week ago, credit card charged but still not shipped[emoji34]

The Spark portable charger I ordered 13 days ago was delivered today, no signature required[emoji106]. When I placed order had the option to not require signature and it worked.
Glad we now have that option, but I’m not sure if it’s an option for all purchases.

everything i own from DJI i got through them. i place an inconspicuous note that can only be seen by FedEx when they come to the door and tell them to leave it there on my porch. they've tucked everything they delivered away in a place where it can't be seen unless you're right there.

Bought lots of accessories from DJI direct. No tax and the shipping from Shenzhen China was reasonably fast with full tracking.
I use Amazon Prime mostly however, some DJI accessories are HOT and I didn’t want to risk receiving knock off’s when it comes to props and batteries.

Ordered MPP fly combo on 12/05/2017 via DJI online website and received on 12/18 and so far no issues at all with Samsung S7 edge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead