DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama Question

San Diego Air

Reactions
When I am making a 180 panorama where do I start the shot. Do I want the center point of my shot to be in the center of the screen when I hit start or does it start right to left or vise versa.

Yes you want it to be in the center . it will start taking pictures from the center, then go right to left. or left to right but either way it starts in the center

Here's a video showing how the 180 panorama feature works:

Reactions: hryzec and TheOneDR
If taking a 360° spherical panorama, I recommend pointing it North at the start -- minimises exposure issues and also means that when viewing it with PanGazer, etc., the view will open pointing North so you know which way you're looking (and the displayed offsets will tell you the angle from North as you pan around).

I disagree. You are typically taking the shot of a person or particular spot. When I post my panorama, I want the audience to see the point of interest first.

Reactions: mfc
I disagree. You are typically taking the shot of a person or particular spot. When I post my panorama, I want the audience to see the point of interest first.

That's a valid approach, too. I take my panoramas to record the context for more detailed panoramas or single shots, so for me the point of interest is North (as well as the exposure benefits I mentioned). And you can always re-slice the panorama later if you really want a different centre point. But either way is fine ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78