DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Paranoia, prudence or just plain ol' persecution

The main reason for this is most probably geopolitical... meaning economical & foreign relations/policy.

All drones (not only DJI's) can be equipped with various thing's that can be seen as a safety concern, & all internet connectable gadgets can share information... none of this is DJI specific.

Using the same arguments & reasons for a DJI ban... on mobile phones/tabs, personal computers, social media, internet equipped refrigerators, smart switches, connected action cams... & on and on, should send us back to the 70's.

Reactions: Starz
Here's the primary source for the DJI response. I find it better not to rely on "They said ..." versions.

Reactions: msinger
I would think a good way for DJI to counter this is to offshore portions of there manufacturing and/or design to primary areas the sell in. (like many manufacturers do)

I would think a good way for DJI to counter this is to offshore portions of there manufacturing and/or design to primary areas the sell in. (like many manufacturers do)
They already do this. A lot of stuff inside the drone doesn't come from China.

America won't care about any of that. Anything we think the CCP has any part of.... 🇨🇳

If you are a non-Chinese country and you build in Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines...then you're GTG. Ironically this includes "Taiwan."

My thoughts is DJI should do the same as the other global electronics and auto manufactuers do and build plants that assemble there products in the USA. NOt just buy US components. The only DJI facilities I know of in the US are sales, marketing , distribution and service .

My thoughts is DJI should do the same as the other global electronics and auto manufactuers do and build plants that assemble there products in the USA. NOt just buy US components. The only DJI facilities I know of in the US are sales, marketing , distribution and service .
I think they'll have to do more than just have assembly plants here. I would imagine the US government would only accept DJI selling off it's US interests to a separate entity without ties to China like they want TikTok to do. Do we know any billionaires who could afford to create their own company and employ DJI licensed technology?
We can only hope that cooler heads prevail.
I agree with slup's contention that any item we own that's connected to the internet and made in China is open to the same government intrusion. Look at Apple. All those millions of iphones made in China at Foxconn.
Lobbying from US manufacturers seems to be the driving force to eliminate the competition since I don't see the same clamor regarding cell phones and other connected devices in the home.

Reactions: Rchawks
I read recently that former AG Loretta Lynch is now representing DJI interests regarding being blacklisted.

Sadly, this country is becoming a banana republic run by a Kackistocracy funded by US corporations that want no competition.

I don't really see this going through. It's just temporary fuss.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54