DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed FAA Remote Pilot Exam!

Simone L

Reactions
First day testing center was open. At an airport in Sevierville TN. They did a great job keeping the area clean and sanitized.
I passed with a solid score considering there were MANY questions I hadn’t seen with the two courses of study I did.

For those interested I did the online King’s School but wanted a book experience so also did the ASA 2020 Remote Pilot Test Prep. It came with software so I could do study sessions and practice exams. I was well prepared but am brand new to flying so was happy with the outcome.

the exam is no joke so if you are taking it be prepared.

Congrats, and thanks for the suggestions. I was wondering what the test is like and what good study material I should consider.

Reactions: Simone L
Congratulations! ?I doubt if that's a test I could ever pass, even with my love of aircraft and flying! Very Good!!

Congrats, and thanks for the suggestions. I was wondering what the test is like and what good study material I should consider.
The videos in King’s Schools were decent but I need a hands on book. Both courses have practice tests and review questions. After I worked they both I did practice exams daily until the testing center was open.
The actual exam had lots of other questions however most were questions I could figure out based on the knowledge I had gained. I think everyone could benefit from the courses even if they weren’t interested in the test/107. Really great info.

Reactions: Rchawks
Congratulations. I am preparing also. I'm taking a course through AAE, Advanced Aerial Education. Its good, but a little too much information other than just the test.

Congratulations. Yes I agree there is a lot of information for those that don’t want their 107 that they would benefit from. . I am an MSF couch and wish all would take the class even if they don’t ever want to ride a motorcycle. Lol

The AAE course is one that I did with their book and software. It was awesome having the supplement because the testing center uses that book. So good to get to know how to use it and be comfortable with it. It’s a lot of info and yet there were a few questions on the test that I was like....WHAT? The FAA sees us as pilots (of sorts) and so testing goes beyond sUAS to general airman knowledge.

Reactions: razoraerial
Congrats! Funny how much info they expect you to learn to get the 107 but no one ever even asks if you know how to turn your drone on! Demonstrating Flying Proficiency really needs to be a requirement for U.S.

Congrats! Funny how much info they expect you to learn to get the 107 but no one ever even asks if you know how to turn your drone on! Demonstrating Flying Proficiency really needs to be a requirement for U.S.
Totally agree.

excellent, congrats. I have just signed up to do the initial general knowledge test/exam in early June. I am doing some research on the FAASafety site, but what other material/s should I be looking at/study. If someone could perhaps kindly point me in the right direction, links, pdf's etc., this woud be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I used two different prep courses. One was King’s Schools which is online videos and study questions and practice exams. But I wanted a book so I also did ASA Remote Pilot 2020 Test Prep. It’s a book with study questions and a software link for study sessions and practice exams. I loved it! Plus it uses the Airman Knowledge Testing Supplement book that is used with the exam so it is helpful to be familiar with that book.

if I had to choose one it would be the book. It wasn’t that expensive but so worth it.

Its a comprehensive exam with all sorts of airman knowledge but not bad if you are prepared. Know your airspace breakdowns.

That’s was about my time frame and I studied a bit every day. After doing the book I did practice exams daily and many study questions from the software. So glad I did.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1