DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PC and MAC insist I format my new SD card

David Quesnel

Reactions
Hi. I am a new guy. Can anyone advise me please?

When I try to view my Mavic 2 Pro SD card photos, my MAC says the card is in an unreadable format. My PC says the card must be formatted, but only gives me the option of fornatting it to 1mb. (I did this to another card and it was unusable at 1 mb.)

I formatted the card via the DJI GO app but still have the same problem.

Can anyone help please? Thank you very much.

David

Thank you for your reply. I got it from Amazon. But it is not the first card from them that I have had problems with.

Type/Size of SD card?
GoPro app should format it as Fat32
It it in NTFS Apple will not be able to read.

Reactions: dbyantis
It is a SanDisk Extreme PRO. 64 GB. A2.

I formatted it in my Mavic 2 Pri via DJI Go app. I then tried the card in my MAC and PC. Both said it needed formatting.

Thanks for helping.

It is a SanDisk Extreme PRO. 64 GB. A2.

I formatted it in my Mavic 2 Pri via DJI Go app. I then tried the card in my MAC and PC. Both said it needed formatting.

Thanks for helping.
If you connect your drone to the computer via usb does it then read the card? I wonder if it’s your card reader. If DJI Go 4 isn’t having a hissy fit over it and it’s showing the correct size card I think it should be ok

If you take a picture of the card or send us the link to the listing I can probably tell you if it’s fake. They often put the wrong markings on the card when they make fake ones. Is DJI Go 4 complaining about it? Usually it will throw a fit if the card is bad

Thank you. Brett. The DJI Go app recognises it as 64GB. But I in the computers, NAC and PC, they consider it a 1 MB card! Also, photos of the card are attached.

Thanks again.20190816_110854.jpg20190816_110806.jpg

Thank you. Brett. The DJI Go app recognises it as 64GB. But I in the computers, NAC and PC, they consider it a 1 MB card! Also, photos of the card are attached.

Thanks again.View attachment 79713View attachment 79714
That doesn’t look like a fake card. There are details on it you wouldn’t expect from a fake. I honestly do t know what’s going on

Thanks Brett. I found this forum...

I am going to try a new card reader. No other solution has worked.

I'll let you know. Thanks again.

David

I also had a problem with a card formated through the DJI app, decided to go "the hard way" in my mac and simply deleted everything and formated it on FAT32, problems solved, I don't format with DJI anymore.

Glad you got it sorted out too. I was worried that my M2P was ruining the cards.
Haha I was thinking the same, when I looked in Disk management it had the disk labelled as RAW rather than FAT32 or NTSC so I thought the M2P had corrupted it, it was only when I tried it in my laptop with an integral reader that I realised it was the reader, I had tried it on 2 card readers and 2 PC's prior to that and was about to contact the card supplier. Oh well, all well that ends well. :)

Reactions: David Quesnel
Ive had a few fake sandisc pro extremes on Amazon that had similar issues or if they did work were so slow it hung up the entire processor trying to write.
They looked *identical* to genuine cards, even the packaging. But weren't.

Reactions: David Quesnel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan