DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Permit to Fly in NFZ

Benton BS

Reactions
I am planning(Hoping) to fly in a NFZ near St Cloud, MN. I called the ATC and he told me they
were no longer allowed to make that "call" from the tower and that I needed to get a permit from the FAA.
I searched...but I can't seem to locate an application that he referred to.
Does anyone have a link for this permit request?

I am planning(Hoping) to fly in a NFZ near St Cloud, MN. I called the ATC and he told me they
were no longer allowed to make that "call" from the tower and that I needed to get a permit from the FAA.
As of today you need a 107 license to apply for LAANC or a FAA Waiver as it is more commonly known as. This is suppose to change at the end of the month, the needing a 107 part, but who knows when it will really happen.

If you are 107 then you can use LAANC or make a formal application(takes a long time) on the FAA’s website Part 107 Waivers

Also, to unlock a NFZ, you have to send in something in writing.

It's not a permit but an "Authorization/Waiver" which @brett8883 specified already. Once LAANC is available for Hobby/Recreational operators (supposed to role out later this month) you log into the system and "Submit a Request". If approved you'll get a confirmation fairly quickly and you then can use that to submit to DJI to get a Custom DJI Unlock (if needed).

Reactions: brett8883

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard