DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phones and tablets that work well with DJI GO

An update on using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 (2016) with the Mavic.
The first time trying Go 4 it refused to connect so I installed Go 3 which seemed to work fine. Reading this thread Mavic fly away, changed home point during flight regarding bugs in Go 3.1.2 convinced me to give Go 4 another try and found that it now connects with no problems. The video feed still lags (~0.5sec) and the screen is a bit dim without a sun shade, but it's quite usable.

Reactions: Stomper
That's almost certainly not powerful enough.

i can say with 100% certainty that Galaxy Tab A 7" is useless. the video lag is really bad, about 3 seconds, very choppy, and the interference with the controller results in serious loss of signal issues. I'm sending the tablet back. Bummer!
My Galaxy S7 phone however has worked perfectly for my first 15 flights, but I was looking for a dedicated device.

I have a Galaxy Tab A 8" and it will not connect to the Mavic at all. I tried using both the Go and Go4 Apps and neither work. For some odd reason the app recognizes the Mavic as an Inspire 1 so I'm assuming that has something to do with why it's not working, but I haven't found any solutions thus far.

I have a Galaxy Tab A 8" and it will not connect to the Mavic at all. I tried using both the Go and Go4 Apps and neither work. For some odd reason the app recognizes the Mavic as an Inspire 1 so I'm assuming that has something to do with why it's not working, but I haven't found any solutions thus far.
Unplug the small cable on top left of controller, power on the controller, power on the Mavic, connect controller to Tab, enjoy.

Since my Galaxy Tab A 7" didn't work, I bought a brand new Galaxy Tab A 8" version which is supposed a much better unit. NAW:(. Didn't happen.
I installed Go-4 app but it will not connect to the MP. A pop up keeps flashing on screen asking if I want this to be the default app and to automatically turn it on when I plug the controller in. It flashes so fast that it will not allow me to press the button. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Go-4 3 times. Nada. Also I could see on the screen "Disconnected", High interference, poor radio contact between controller and MP, and no video.
I don't understand any of these issues especially the interference poor radio signal since I can plug in my Galaxy S7 and it works perfectly right away even with the Tab A still on and lying right next to the MP , showing no interference and normal radio link to the MP.
I may just have to resign myself to using my S7, which is NOT what I wanted to do.
Getting close to giving up on the whole thing. Both my DJI F450 and Yuneec Q500 4K were virtually plug & play out of the box.

Since I have been having NO LUCK with the Samsung Tab A 7 and 8" tablets that I have tried so far running the Go4 app, I decided to try an Apple (ugh) iPad Mini 2 32GB 7.9" tablet.
So far it has worked perfectly with the MP and Go4 app, but I absolutely hate it as a tablet. IMHO IOS sux big time compared to Android.
Now I need to decide whether or not to keep it just for the Mavic or take it back and just use my Galaxy S7, which has been flawless since day 1.
:confused:

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with my Mavic. No sim card or other apps installed, it's just used to fly my MP. Never had a crash with G0 4 or Go 3.
I have also used my Galaxy S5 which works flawlessly too, however Galaxy S3 does not work well.

I use a Huawei Mate 8. My screen set to full brightness I get a full days flying and I have no need for anytype of sunshade. Most of my work is done in Africa and it's bright sunlight

Posted from somewhere in beautiful South Africa

Since my Galaxy Tab A 7" didn't work, I bought a brand new Galaxy Tab A 8" version which is supposed a much better unit. NAW:(. Didn't happen.
I installed Go-4 app but it will not connect to the MP. A pop up keeps flashing on screen asking if I want this to be the default app and to automatically turn it on when I plug the controller in. It flashes so fast that it will not allow me to press the button. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Go-4 3 times. Nada. Also I could see on the screen "Disconnected", High interference, poor radio contact between controller and MP, and no video.
I don't understand any of these issues especially the interference poor radio signal since I can plug in my Galaxy S7 and it works perfectly right away even with the Tab A still on and lying right next to the MP , showing no interference and normal radio link to the MP.
I may just have to resign myself to using my S7, which is NOT what I wanted to do.
Getting close to giving up on the whole thing. Both my DJI F450 and Yuneec Q500 4K were virtually plug & play out of the box.

I'm getting the exact same behavior from my Droid Moto Z Force and it's driving me up a freaking wall. Did you ever find a viable solution? I was on the verge of buying a dedicated android tablet but now i don't know what to do.

Hello to everybody ! Does anyone have a GOOGLE PIXEL C Tablet and how does it work with Mavic Pro ? For me it is an excellent ( and underrated tablet ) for everyday use , but for FPV with Mavic I am curious to find out . Thank you

I'm getting the exact same behavior from my Droid Moto Z Force and it's driving me up a freaking wall. Did you ever find a viable solution? I was on the verge of buying a dedicated android tablet but now i don't know what to do.
Yes I did
I bought my very first EVER Apple device. An iPad Mini 2 7.9" 32gb tablet that seems to work perfectly.The main 2 downsides is trying to figure the IOS system after being with Microsoft since back in the 80's and I had to order some anti-glare/reflection sheets since the screen is like a mirror and very hard to see in sunlight, even at full brightness.
As far as working with the mavic, its great.

Yes I did
I bought my very first EVER Apple device. An iPad Mini 2 7.9" 32gb tablet that seems to work perfectly.The main 2 downsides is trying to figure the IOS system after being with Microsoft since back in the 80's and I had to order some anti-glare/reflection sheets since the screen is like a mirror and very hard to see in sunlight, even at full brightness.
As far as working with the mavic, its great.

Ugh, I'm so trying to stay out of the Apple universe. I'm going to El Salvador next week and this seems like my only guaranteed option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121