DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

photo settings being reset with each battery change mavic air 2

djkpurdoe

Reactions
Hi Everyone. I am shooting stills mostly RAW on the 48m pix setting. Whenever I change batteries the camera settings default to the basic 12 mpix setting. This has caught me out several times as I have shot stuff on a much lower resolution than I intended. I have NEVER had a stills camera behave this way, but just can't see any way of preserving the settings, can anyone help?

Less importantly there a couple of other settings that default to factory settings whenever I change the battery - charging phone from the remote, and obsticle avoidance action. Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to fix this. If significant I am using all the latest firmwares and Fly app, on an iphone 7.

Less importantly there a couple of other settings that default to factory settings whenever I change the battery - charging phone from the remote..
Wow! The phone charge is a Remote only setting. Do you maybe power down the Remote Controller too? It should be no change whatsoever if you just exchange the aircraft battery.

Here's a bit more detail. I have just updated the firmware on 2 of 3 batteries and as the camera settings problem was intermittent that may have partially fixed it. However, with remote+app left on and a quick battery change the obstacle avoidance and phone charging DO still turn off, camera setting preserved. I will investigate further!

Reactions: netsonic
I too would have thought that the charging thing is a matter between the controller and the phone but I suppose the drone does interact with the phone's software via the controller and the app so.......
It makes me wonder if the 'lack of' or 'reduction in' data flow' between the controller and the phone could be causing the reset of the charging thing.
What happens if you switch the drone off with a not fully discharged battery and then, with out removing the battery from the drone, switch the drone on again ?
Next, try removing that battery and putting it back again etc. etc.
You might also want to have a search for a photo naming quirk thread which I recollect concerns an MA2, maybe there is some connection.

Thnaks for the suggestions Philius. Further testing shows this... the charge phone/avoidance resets only when eveything (phoe+app+drone) is powered off/on. The photo settings reverting to 12mpix from 48mpix happens when powering drone off WHEN IN VIDEO MODE only. So if I land and power off/on or change the battery (both cause this) when in 48mpix still mode, it restarts still in 48pix xtills mode. if I do it when drone is still in video mode the next time I switch to stills it has reverted to 12mpix. This is why it chatches me out, it doesnt always happen. At least I now now when it does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78