DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Piece of CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My build is a 4.6 GHz 4c8t processor, with a GeForce GTX 980Ti, 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 2TB HDD, LED lighting, water cooling with a 860 W PSU with digital power regulation, and a 4K monitor, and an old secondary monitor.
its an addiction,just like the mavic:)

Reactions: Cyberpower678
fyi everyone, after 2 hours on hold with the phone support (and also being placed in que 3 times while trying to use the 'live text support',) I have an answer for everyone. According to their lead tech, the software app doesn't support the google pixel phone, as it was written 2 years ago and is not designed for any new android phones, as it only works with 3 android phones- but he couldn't tell me which ones. So- what do you know- it is not user error- it is a defective app. Hope this helps.
I've been using mine with the pixel for over a full year. No crap here.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Throwing one more idea out there: You said you turn on the Mavic, then the controller then plug into phone. This is not the correct sequence. The sequence should be to connect phone to controller, turn on phone, turn on controller then turn on aircraft. Have you tried this specific sequence? Also make sure you use the USB cable supplied to connect phone to controller.
Almost, Turn on remote controller and then mobile device, then turn on IFB (Mavic)then launch DJI go 4 application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Owen79
You got some partially bad information there... Here's a CURRENT list of DJI approved devices ~certainly more than three Android devices listed there:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help
I used one not on the list Droid Turbo 2 flawlessly (well as flawless as DJI can be) now use the Huawei Ascend XT2 aka wunderphone both Android. NO real problems. Don't update anymore, not worth the headaches caused by DJI breaking something, MP flies just fine and don't need the latest greatest toy addition.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Almost, Turn on remote controller and then mobile device, then turn on IFB (Mavic)then launch DJI go 4 application.
Also @Fat Bastard there is no correct sequence to turn it on. This is an intelligent aircraft. You can turn on the devices any way you want. I do. The Mavic won't takeoff without the controller so need to worry. These sequences only apply to FPV quads with basic functionality.

Reactions: jkirk and Scobo
Don't update anymore, not worth the headaches caused by DJI breaking something, MP flies just fine and don't need the latest greatest toy addition.

I think that's the key with Android devices, find a version that works and stick with it !
If you decide to try the latest update, make sure you have a backup copy of the apk that was working before you update.

Also @Fat Bastard there is no correct sequence to turn it on. This is an intelligent aircraft. You can turn on the devices any way you want. I do. The Mavic won't takeoff without the controller so need to worry. These sequences only apply to FPV quads with basic functionality.

I've always found that to be the case with the Go app on iOS devices, which never seems to care when it's connected or launched, but I've recently been testing the popular Huawei Ascend XT2 and it seems to be somewhat random by comparison, sometimes requiring several attempts to see the connection. Seems pretty solid once it's connected though.

fyi everyone, after 2 hours on hold with the phone support (and also being placed in que 3 times while trying to use the 'live text support',) I have an answer for everyone. According to their lead tech, the software app doesn't support the google pixel phone, as it was written 2 years ago and is not designed for any new android phones, as it only works with 3 android phones- but he couldn't tell me which ones. So- what do you know- it is not user error- it is a defective app. Hope this helps.

You mentioned that you tried connecting it with 2 iPhones as well, did you ever figure out what the issue was there?

Very new user here (got my Mavic Pro as a Christmas gift; I have never flown a drone before but am super-excited to learn this new technology).

I can somewhat sympathize with gandk452 from the frustration perspective, but certainly not the "annoy the very people who could help you" perspective.

As someone who has been in the technology space since 1982, I am both fascinated and terrified by this device. Fascinated by the astonishing technology and terrified that I will somehow break, crash, or lose it with ten minutes of turning it on.

While the intro videos were really helpful, what this device really needs, out of the box, is a more thorough idiot's guide to getting started. The tiny little Getting Started guide barely suffices, beyond being way too small for my old eyes to even read. Still, with enough puttering around on various forums, I've gotten everything connected, upgraded the firmware, bought the insurance, figured out how to unlock my area, and I'm ready to fly in Beginner Mode.

For the record, everything has worked flawlessly with my Pixel XL running Android 8.1.1. I may wind up using my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet, though, just for the bigger screen.

Thanks in advance to everyone who will be suffering through my newby questions in the coming weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom