DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Prop Shipping Delays... anyone else?

My platinum painted versions are set to arrive today as well. Luckily my wife is off and will probably be around, though she has some errands to run. How silly I am at working and wondering if she'll be around to sign for my package. I too will not order directly ever again unless their shipping practices change. I got an email from Fedex stating not only do they need a signature, but a government issued ID to be presented as well. I'm sure it's up to the delivery driver to what extent they'll actually require anything, but **** you'd think I was buying a few pounds of TNT.

Tell your wife NOT to use the bathroom until the package is delivered.
Because, a few times when I got a delivery from FedEx I was in the bathroom or in my backyard and Fedex will ring your doorbell once and in 5 seconds they are gone. Apple loves to use FedEx as well and I finally got hold of the station manager and told him about the BS. So now, whenever I get a FedEx package they have strict INSTRUCTIONS to wait a min of 5 mins before they hop back in their truck.

I told FedEx that I was the CUSTOMER and if this continued to happen again I would call FedEx Main Office in Memphis to stop this practice. Since that chat, FedEx has been great with me. :)

Tell your wife NOT to use the bathroom until the package is delivered.
Because, a few times when I got a delivery from FedEx I was in the bathroom or in my backyard and Fedex will ring your doorbell once and in 5 seconds they are gone. Apple loves to use FedEx as well and I finally got hold of the station manager and told him about the BS. So now, whenever I get a FedEx package they have strict INSTRUCTIONS to wait a min of 5 mins before they hop back in their truck.

I told FedEx that I was the CUSTOMER and if this continued to happen again I would call FedEx Main Office in Memphis to stop this practice. Since that chat, FedEx has been great with me. :)

Just like cops, good drivers and lazy ones, my ground fedex rocks, my international guy is horrid!

Reactions: BigAl KY
A month ago I ordered from Black horse which is obviously a Chinese outfit through Amazon was supposed to ship between the 17th and 31st of October.
And then went on the DJI Site and saw that the gold tip ones were in stock so I ordered another set today the DJI stock showed up at my door and Blackhorse is still making excuses

I too got these fast. I really like the props. Definitely a noticeable difference from the originals ones.

Yes, but it's only the pitch that you can hear the difference in; there is no noticebledrop in sound level.... (unless you're a digital sound meter...)

The OP of the thread below measured 2 decibels difference; I measured 1 dB lower. Pretty disappointing TBH.

Ian

Got my Mavic Platinum props today! 2 Decibles Quieter!

Received mine yesterday from Advexure...It's a good thing I ordered two sets from Advexure.

Edit: I ordered 2 sets from Adorama the same day I ordered 2 sets from Advexure...Sept. 21.

I ordered my props from Advexure today at 10:33 am and at 11:37 am I received an email that they have been shipped. They should arrive in three days via USPS Priority Mail.
I also cancelled my order with DJI and placed an order from Advexure. WAY better service, and cheaper shipping to boot!
I too got these fast. I really like the props. Definitely a noticeable difference from the originals ones.

Glad we could help ya'll out here on the MP forum! :) Enjoy your new props, if we can be of any further help in the future you know where to find us! Safe flying to all and have a good weekend.

– The Advexure Team :cool:

Reactions: Furious Tacos
I ordered my props from Advexure today at 10:33 am and at 11:37 am I received an email that they have been shipped. They should arrive in three days via USPS Priority Mail. I also had earlier cancelled my order from DJI due to lack of movement.

I will let you know when I receive them.
As promised, Advexure delivered my new low-noise props in 3 days via USPS; no signature required. Of course it is raining today so I can't fly. I will not order from DJI again.

Put on prop guards and flew inside. Hovered at 3 feet, first with new and then with old props. New props held the hover at 60 rpm less than old props. That should equate to longer run time. Noise pitch was also lower with new props.

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
As promised, Advexure delivered my new low-noise props in 3 days via USPS; no signature required. Of course it is raining today so I can't fly. I will not order from DJI again.

You are most welcome and hopefully the rain clears up! Safe flying and hope see you back soon ;) Cheers!

I finally tried them a couple times and am pretty happy with them they do sound a lot different, if the pitch is way different.

Attachments

• DSCF5242.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
That should equate to longer run time. Noise pitch was also lower with new props.

Don't count on it. Lower RPMs don't necessarily mean increased flight time. Remember, the reason the RPMs are lower is because of the increased pitch. The props still have to move the same amount of air - so there is more torque on the motors...which means they have to work harder for each revolution, which draws more current.

LP

Don't count on it. Lower RPMs don't necessarily mean increased flight time. Remember, the reason the RPMs are lower is because of the increased pitch. The props still have to move the same amount of air - so there is more torque on the motors...which means they have to work harder for each revolution, which draws more current.

LP
That's true, but also there's the fact that if the pitch is too low, the props need to spin needlessly fast to push air. There's a sweet spot in balancing the 2 to achieve maximum efficiency.

Like most folks on the east coast, I missed the initial order for the Platinum props. By the time I woke up to the "in stock" email, they were out of stock. But then, shortly thereafter they were in stock again! So I placed an order on 9/28 for the new props and waited...

...I looked today and my DJI order status still does not show "shipped." It's been over 2 weeks and a lot of people are posting flight results. So I checked in on my order with Online Chat. Which is always entertaining... :D

Based on the Chinglish explanation above, despite anything listed on the web, these puppies are out of stock.

I did notice today that the website says "Estimated to ship 15-20 business days after payment confirmation." It's not out of stock, though. They're not saying that.... ;)

I finally got mine and went through exactly what you were speaking about. Dji’s online system for buying items when they are out of stock is terrible. Good luck. They are cool and worth the money.

I don't buy from DJI anymore. I've been very happy with Advexure! (No, I'm not related to them in any way. I found them here, took a shot based on comments from others, and have been happy.)

LP

Reactions: Advexure
I don't buy from DJI anymore. I've been very happy with Advexure! (No, I'm not related to them in any way. I found them here, took a shot based on comments from others, and have been happy.)

LP

Thank you very much for the kind remarks. We appreciate that.

Mavic Low-Noise Props are back in stock in both the Golden and Platinum tipped versions. Links below. Order by 4pm PT M-F for same day shipping.

Golden Tipped: DJI Mavic Low-Noise Props (Gold) – $10
Platinum Tipped: DJI Mavic Low-Noise Props (Platinum) – $10

Thank you and safe flying! :cool:

Reactions: LeafPeeper
UPDATE: My order from Adorama...approx. 2 months later and it's finally getting shipped! Yay!!!:D

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.07.39 PM.png

I’ve read so many negative reviews (blades cracking, unbalanced, gimbal having a fit whist you capture shaky video) that I cancelled my order. My standard props are fine and I trust them. Why risk it on Mavic Pro?

I've read so many negative reviews on Mavic Pro (fly aways, falling from sky, remote not connecting, go app so buggy, gimbal shaky, jello effect on videos, etc.) Why risk buying a $1000 drone?

By the way...the props were only $20 and mine works like a charm. :D

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11