DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Prop Shipping Delays... anyone else?

Same senario as everyone else. Ordered on Sept 27th the day the "in stock" email went out. Never received them. Contacted DJI and they are clueless as to when they will be back in stock. Cancelled the order and will order from Advexure.

I ordered on Sept 9th knowing that the props would not be here until mid Oct. My point is again very simple, placed an order and Advex
Yes. Fortunately my wife was home to sign for them.
So tell us..... How are the props doing for you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
Thanks Advexure! Cancelled my DJI order for 4 new props Friday and ordered 4 new props from Advexure that evening. I just received them today. Standard shipping, USPS. The next time I want to order something for my Mavic I'll be checking with Advexure first.

I have to 2nd this big time. I ordered 4 props from DJI -weeks- ago. After about a week and a half of my order just saying "authorized" (or approved, whatever) despite the props showing as in stock, I got on chat with them. They assured me the shipment would be in the next two weeks or less. Two weeks later and "authorized". I stumbled upon this thread, gave Advenxure a looking over, placed an order for 2 sets of props, and 2 days later they arrived. #DJI, what the heck y'all?

I ordered on Sept 9th knowing that the props would not be here until mid Oct. My point is again vertey simple, placed an order and Advex

So tell us..... How are the props doing for you?
They are noticeably quieter. Not silent as a butterfly obviously but noticeable. Think it’s been said before that it’s mainly due to the lesser rpm. I only had a few minutes in the back yard under the trees. I think the new props would be the propellers of choice to become the OEM for the Mavic Pro also.

They are noticeably quieter. Not silent as a butterfly obviously but noticeable. Think it’s been said before that it’s mainly due to the lesser rpm. I only had a few minutes in the back yard under the trees. I think the new props would be the propellers of choice to become the OEM for the Mavic Pro also.

I am tickled to "hear" that:). Perhaps now I can fly 300+ and above and not be heard thru my area. Last year when I flew my P4, I had neighbors from 2 miles away driving by to see what I was doing LOL So now with my Mavic, the neighbors just smile and honk when they drive by. I am about 8 miles from the Army Depot. They fly their helicopters/planes all around me but not in my path of flight. So now, I hope I will have some "quiet" when I fly. I will keep you posted:)

I have to 2nd this big time. I ordered 4 props from DJI -weeks- ago. After about a week and a half of my order just saying "authorized" (or approved, whatever) despite the props showing as in stock, I got on chat with them. They assured me the shipment would be in the next two weeks or less. Two weeks later and "authorized". I stumbled upon this thread, gave Advenxure a looking over, placed an order for 2 sets of props, and 2 days later they arrived. #DJI, what the heck y'all?

Glad we could help and sorry to hear about your DJI experience with DJI direct out of China. If we can be of any further assistance in the future don't hesitate to reach out. Advexure operates seven days a week and we carry some of the largest DJI product supply in North American for all product lines. Safe flying, and thank you.

Reactions: Star Lord
Mine shipped from DJI and should arrive Wednesday. Hopefully I'll like the new prop design.

Received my new props. I'll be honest. They're over-hyped. To me they sound just as loud as the original.

Received my new props. I'll be honest. They're over-hyped. To me they sound just as loud as the original.

Maybe it sounds quieter to me because I wear hearing aids. I didn’t have them turned on but I usually don’t when I fly.

Got my tracking number today also. Should see my new props tomorrow. Really don't care if quieter, I just think they look cool.

I just got them and noticed a significant difference. I flew half a battery with the old props. Then immediately put the new ones on and ran the same course. My observations...

Startup, hover and take-off; no noticeable difference.
Flight is a different story...
Sport mode now sounds like normal mode.
Normal (GPS) mode now sounds like a distant buzz.

I was flying at around 200 feet and was very impressed. I did several passes over my head in Sport mode and thought it much quieter. In normal mode, the Mavic had to get much closer before I could hear it and the type of noise was just much less noticeable. I really don't think it'll raise the attention of most folks who don't know to listen for a drone. Less of a high pitch buzz.

In any case, they exceeded my expectations. Money well spent. Thumbswayup

I just got them and noticed a significant difference. I flew half a battery with the old props. Then immediately put the new ones on and ran the same course. My observations...

Startup, hover and take-off; no noticeable difference.
Flight is a different story...
Sport mode now sounds like normal mode.
Normal (GPS) mode now sounds like a distant buzz.

I was flying at around 200 feet and was very impressed. I did several passes over my head in Sport mode and thought it much quieter. In normal mode, the Mavic had to get much closer before I could hear it and the type of noise was just much less noticeable. I really don't think it'll raise the attention of most folks who don't know to listen for a drone. Less of a high pitch buzz.

In any case, they exceeded my expectations. Money well spent. Thumbswayup
Maybe I'll have to give them another try. @Thunderdrones you up for droning a bit with me?

Reactions: KiterTodd
Mine are being delivered tomorrow, but I won't be home. I can't believe they won't leave $20 worth of things, I have had thousands of dollars worth a camera gear left at my door step

Reactions: KiterTodd
I was told 10/26 it would ship I got a notification yesterday saying they shipped ordered them in sept the day they had been available

I ordered 4 sets from dji on September 28, and FedEx is supposed to deliver them tomorrow. I'm a bit surprised that something like this would need a signature, but hopefully someone will be around when the package shows up.

FedEx tried to deliver mine today, I wasn't home :( So will need to stay home tomorrow when they "hopefully" will try again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman