DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Prop Shipping Delays... anyone else?

Received mine yesterday from Advexure, but didn't get to fly until now. In my opinion, they do sound slightly quieter than OEM props. I flew indoors where sounds are more pronounced so it was relatively easier to hear the difference. I'll try to fly outdoors tomorrow to see if I can tell a difference.

I'm still waiting for two more sets that I ordered from Adorama. They emailed me saying that they'll send one set because the second set is backordered. I think they messed up and are now trying to send something to people (even though it's incomplete...being that one set of props won't do anyone any good). It's a good thing I ordered two sets from Advexure.

Edit: I ordered 2 sets from Adorama the same day I ordered 2 sets from Advexure...Sept. 21.

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
...In my opinion, they do sound slightly quieter than OEM props. I flew indoors where sounds are more pronounced so it was relatively easier to hear the difference. I'll try to fly outdoors tomorrow to see if I can tell a difference.
So here's the thing to note (for me) which I didn't see in all the tests.
I did NOT notice a perceptible difference with slow flying, hover, take-off, etc. I think that will be similar indoors, although maybe you'll hear something.
It's when I flew it at max speed (in standard mode AND sport mode) that I noticed a big difference. So try that and let us know if you hear a difference.

Usually I would notice it being MUCH louder in Sport mode. It would attract attention. Not so now.

Reactions: Stan_Humphries
Order Time: 2017-09-28 04:26:42 (UTC) Still not shipped. I just broke an original set so down to my last ones. Hope they ship soon.

FedEx just delivered my props. I ordered on the 27th, so it was as they stated on the web site. 15-20 days to process order and then a week to ship. I also down loaded a dB meter for my iPhone so will give then an unofficial test this after noon. Got a HoneyDo project need to finish first.

1a18061c8c90c1c910420b196ced42e8.jpg

Finally there waiting for me at home

FedEx just delivered my props. I ordered on the 27th, so it was as they stated on the web site. 15-20 days to process order and then a week to ship. I also down loaded a dB meter for my iPhone so will give then an unofficial test this after noon. Got a HoneyDo project need to finish first.
I ordered from China on Ebay the day DJI announced they were released, but of course sold out before I saw it. I'm still waiting. Could be November 10 before I see them, but they say it's been shipped.

They tried to deliver mine today but no one was home. What a pain in the butt, I guess I will have to pick them up from Fed ex.

Mine shipped today, some 22 days after ordering. They shouldn't have alerted me, that they had stock if they were going to take this long to ship. Not good customer service imho.

I ordered my props from Advexure today at 10:33 am and at 11:37 am I received an email that they have been shipped. They should arrive in three days via USPS Priority Mail. I also had earlier cancelled my order from DJI due to lack of movement.

I will let you know when I receive them.

I ordered my props from Advexure today at 10:33 am and at 11:37 am I received an email that they have been shipped. They should arrive in three days via USPS Priority Mail. I also had earlier cancelled my order from DJI due to lack of movement.

I will let you know when I receive them.
You'll get them. They're reliable. Ordered mine Friday and they showed up in the mail on Tuesday. Cheaper shipping and quicker service than DJI.

So I called Fedex and the way DJI mailed the props I don't have the option of picking them up at the Fedex facility. Someone has to be at my house to sign for them I have never heard of not being able to pick an item up. Never going to order anything from DJI directly again. What a pain in the rear for two $10 items.

Got mine yesterday, ordered 9/28..will check them out this weekend. But like others here, I will never buy from DJI direct again!
7eedb6f720f0d1176df2988ebe922f9b.jpg

I got mine today finally, I have to say they are quieter maybe not in db's but the overall pitch and overall sound is less harsh on the ears. I can't believe how thin the edges are they tapper off to a very fine edge, bumping them into something will for sure put a nick in them. The original props feel a lot more ridged. I am still on my original set, maybe DJI came out with these since a lot of people are still on there first set of props. They thought the original ones would be there consumables and just keep making money off of them, so they had to design a new prop were you would have to keep buying them (just kidding kind of). I am overall happy with the new ones anything to make it less noticable is good to me.

My platinum painted versions are set to arrive today as well. Luckily my wife is off and will probably be around, though she has some errands to run. How silly I am at working and wondering if she'll be around to sign for my package. I too will not order directly ever again unless their shipping practices change. I got an email from Fedex stating not only do they need a signature, but a government issued ID to be presented as well. I'm sure it's up to the delivery driver to what extent they'll actually require anything, but **** you'd think I was buying a few pounds of TNT.

I understand the need for a signature for high value items but for things under $100 is unnecessary. I have always had problems with FedEx and my brother even works there. I got an email when the props where in stock at DJI and it still took almost a month to get them.

I understand the need for a signature for high value items but for things under $100 is unnecessary. I have always had problems with FedEx and my brother even works there. I got an email when the props where in stock at DJI and it still took almost a month to get them.
I agree, it is a pain. I had ordered a $17 RC hood and now the props. Had to be home both times to sign for them. I could understand having to sign for a 1K drone, but ... come on....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS