DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Props on a Pro (standard) queries

Side Q: With Airscrew props did you need to fiddle with any additional settings? Or were they good to go right out of the box?
Nope - the MAS prop's didn't require any GAIN changes on my Platinum. Which is actually strange considering they are a different pitch etc. DJI 'quiet' prop's are 8331's while the MAS 'Stealth' prop's are 8344 ... i.e. same diameter, but another inch on the pitch!

Reactions: dronepilotbob
Nope - the MAS prop's didn't require any GAIN changes on my Platinum. Which is actually strange considering they are a different pitch etc. DJI 'quiet' prop's are 8331's while the MAS 'Stealth' prop's are 8344 ... i.e. same diameter, but another inch on the pitch!

That is interesting, thanks again for all the info. One of the reasons I avoided MAS, I thought for sure you'd have to fiddle with additional settings to make it just right.

That is interesting, thanks again for all the info. One of the reasons I avoided MAS, I thought for sure you'd have to fiddle with additional settings to make it just right.
Although there's a whole bunch of Mavic owners wanting to burn me at the stake as a heretic :eek:, I'm 100% hooked on using MAS prop's on my Mavic Pro Plat' - as they are stronger, quieter, and due to their better efficiency, they spin slower rpm's for the same lift and give a couple of minutes more battery on a flight.

MavPro_wrap.jpg

Reactions: dronepilotbob
Although there's a whole bunch of Mavic owners wanting to burn me at the stake as a heretic :eek:, I'm 100% hooked on using MAS prop's on my Mavic Pro Plat' - as they are stronger, quieter, and due to their better efficiency, they spin slower rpm's for the same lift and give a couple of minutes more battery on a flight.

View attachment 90145

-HOT- looking drone :).I think people are hesitant to fly with a third party prop due to warranty? Regardless, I have trust in MAS, as they have been around forever... only I personally didn’t jump on MAS as I remember seeing videos of people tweaking some of the settings to get the props to work just right.

Was also thinking about getting the MPP props but probably just going to stick with the stock ones.

Was also thinking about getting the MPP props but probably just going to stick with the stock ones.
For the price, having both is good - the PP ones are quieter: good for photographers who don’t want to annoy people/animals. Just a bit more bouncy for videos etc.

The Platinum doesn't have different motors, it has different ESC controller electronics driving the motors. Instead of feeding a variable frequency 'square' wave into the motors, the MPP uses a variable frequency 'sinusoidal' wave to control them, which is a lot smoother and a bit more responsive. My Platinum is steady in the wind, but I do now use only Master Airscrew Stealth prop's on mine ...

View attachment 90114
Very interesting! That would make a difference. In the electronics world, a square-wave AC generator is old-school: a sine wave one is the way to go. Surprised to learn this regarding the MPP. I wonder if it’s standard across the DJI range now?

Very interesting! That would make a difference. In the electronics world, a square-wave AC generator is old-school: a sine wave one is the way to go. Surprised to learn this regarding the MPP. I wonder if it’s standard across the DJI range now?
I'm pretty sure that the Mavic 2 Pro, and 3 Enterprise series also uses the same sine-wave based ESC system. To a certain degree, the Platinum is almost a 'bridge' design between the Mavic Pro [1] and the Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: Davros007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake