DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum worth the extra?

Reactions
Hi guys. I'm looking to buy my first drone and I found a nice deal on the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for 1.448$ (converted currency). But should I go for the Platinum, which isn't on sale for 1.931$ for the FMC? Or 1522$ for just the drone.

Is the Platinum worth the extra or should I go for the MP deal?
I know that the differences is more minutes of flight time and noise reduction.

What would you choose? :)

Reactions: Partizans
Definitely the Mavic Pro Fly More combo. The few minutes more are nice but the 'silence' is not worth it to me. Besides, some users experienced that the silent props do have a problem with wind and wear out quicker or are damaged easier.

Hi guys. I'm looking to buy my first drone and I found a nice deal on the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for 1.448$ (converted currency). But should I go for the Platinum, which isn't on sale for 1.931$ for the FMC? Or 1522$ for just the drone.

Are you buying from DJI authorised dealers that are in the same country as yourself, reason being that the DJI warranty is country of purchase specific ?

The main benefit of the Mavic Pro Platinum is the few extra minutes of flight time. If you have no need to use every last second of the battery, then the Mavic Pro is currently the better buy (even more so since it's currently on sale).

Definitely the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo as this is the best value at the moment IMO.

Are you buying from DJI authorised dealers that are in the same country as yourself, reason being that the DJI warranty is country of purchase specific ?

Yeah, I'm buying from a dealer - not DJI because of the high shipping fee and higher prices.

Thanks for all your replies. It seems that the MP FMC is the better buy. I'll jump on that and hopefully they'll deliver it quickly! :) I've been holding of in hope of a new model with 4K 60fps but that seems a bit far out for now... aaaand I can propberbly live without it :)

Yeah, I'm buying from a dealer - not DJI because of the high shipping fee and higher prices.

Make sure it's not a grey market, as that will affect the US warranty

Money is always an issue, but if you can pay a bit extra up front, I vote for the Mavic Pro Platinum (MPP) Fly More Combo (FMC).
The quieter flight is nice on the MPP, and 11% percent extra flight time (30min vs 27min) is significant.
Either way, go for the FMC (you will appreciate the extras, especially the batteries).
I also suggest buying the DJI Care Refresh insurance in case of severe crashes (**** happens)!

I chose the Platinum and glad I did. So is my neighbour. I was speaking to him yesterday and he remarked on how quiet the new drone was. He didn’t even realised I was flying it until he saw it coming into land. Not that he’d ever complained about my previous drone but it was good to hear him comment on the Platinum in fact he’s now considering a purchase as he’d been put of with the noise of my previous drone which admittedly was a phantom

If money isn’t a factor, the MPP is awesome. I’ve had both and can say that I prefer the MPP hands-down over the MP.

Well, money is always a factor. And I mean, it's 500$ In difference between them... It seems steep for 3 more minutes and more silence? But you're the experts, so maybe I should reconsider the MPP... Hm...

Well, money is always a factor. And I mean, it's 500$ In difference between them... It seems steep for 3 more minutes and more silence? But you're the experts, so maybe I should reconsider the MPP... Hm...

If your talking aussie I got mine for 1360 which is about 200 difference, so then it was a no brainer

I chose the Platinum and glad I did. So is my neighbour. I was speaking to him yesterday and he remarked on how quiet the new drone was. He didn’t even realised I was flying it until he saw it coming into land. Not that he’d ever complained about my previous drone but it was good to hear him comment on the Platinum in fact he’s now considering a purchase as he’d been put of with the noise of my previous drone which admittedly was a phantom
The MP is so much quieter than any other drone already. I only hear it when it's almost straight over my head. Don't need the silent props for that. Besides, on the MP you can easily swap the props for the platinum ones.

I’d almost go for the alpine edition (if you don’t like white you can always get a skin) it is essentially a fly more package (three batteries) on sale currently for only $50 more than a regular Mavic. -CF

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Essential the price difference makes so I either choose the MP FMC or I buy a MPP drone without the combo. A single MPP drone here costs as much as the MP FMC. So I guess it comes down to what accessories I'd get anyway. And that a least some batteries and a bag. And the Alpine is just gorgeous but I can't get that with a discount or from a seller here.

I 100% agree. If you look at people reviewing the new quieter blades that work on the Mavic Pro (not Platinum), users report they get between 3-4 minutes extra flight time. This tells me the Platinum doesn't make sense on that point alone. Why pay an extra US$500 for blades that improve the flight time that you can get for a few $? Also, the new blades make the older Mavic Pro quieter, so something doesn't add-up in my mind. I'm told (I don't know as fact) the batteries are identical in both the pro and platinum versions.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661