DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Playing with aspect ratio

tck444

Reactions
Same videos, with different aspect ratio. I just cropped the view to create a more cinematic clip. Wondering if anyone has tried this just to get a more interesting shot ?

There are actually PNG files available for download ( Bing.com ) to use as a mask. ( file attached )

Comments appreciated

Attachments

• 001  1080p_2-75-1_letterbox_template.png
    001 1080p_2-75-1_letterbox_template.png
    5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Same videos, with different aspect ratio. I just cropped the view to create a more cinematic clip. Wondering if anyone has tried this just to get a more interesting shot ?

There are actually PNG files available for download ( Bing.com ) to use as a mask. ( file attached )

Comments appreciated

Almost all of the time I am shooting for Vimeo or YouTube and editing in Adobe Premiere. I prefer to have my image full screen and adjust the sizing in Adobe Premiere for as close to full screen as I can get. I try to avoid the black banner like coronavirus, whether it's top/bottom, or right/left. Still not sure if it's better for me to film in wide or 4:3 ratio. Anyone ?

I saw this video on YouTube and it started my curiosity on the subject. Apologies if you don not like country music. I thought the scenery/ filming was stunning !

I pr
Almost all of the time I am shooting for Vimeo or YouTube and editing in Adobe Premiere. I prefer to have my image full screen and adjust the sizing in Adobe Premiere for as close to full screen as I can get. I try to avoid the black banner like coronavirus, whether it's top/bottom, or right/left. Still not sure if it's better for me to film in wide or 4:3 ratio. Anyone ?
I use 16:9 as it fits both my computer screen and TV screen fully. I hate black bars.

Reactions: Dale D and WAXMAN
I saw this video on YouTube and it started my curiosity on the subject. Apologies if you don not like country music. I thought the scenery/ filming was stunning !

No apologies ! That was truly a professional tape. I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. Love the photography, love the music, and the model was nice too.

"I saw this video on YouTube and it started my curiosity on the subject. Apologies if you don not like country music. I thought the scenery/ filming was stunning !"
Yeah..a great lesson from the Pro's ....

'Shipwreck Coast' Victoria Australia. Great location and video.

I mix my videos up adding or removing cinematic bars. Sometimes I tinker with the zoom and shrink the video to add black bars then expand it back out again. Other times I add the bars on the side for 4:3 look. Just trying to mix it up to keep the viewer engaged by changing up the scenes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy