DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help. Does anyone know how to get rid of this????

flyinggaucho

Reactions
I have this annoying spec inside of my camera and it has been ruining all my photos and videos. I have had the drone for over 30 days so I can't return it and I don't want to have to send it in to DJI. Has anyone taken the lens cover off to clean the inside at all. The spec is definitely not on the outside. It is driving me nuts. Here is a pic and it does the same on the videos.
7406e3d53eeadf7b5c1e741f9a34be4c.jpg

That's typically dust on the image sensor. Sensors can be difficult to clean, if you don't know what you're doing. You should contact DJI.

Reactions: charliesRig
Try some compressed air, from a distance. Also make sure that nothing squirts out of the compressed air canister.

Good luck if it's on the sensor itself. I think you can get a whole new camera, lens and gimbal assembly for around $50.

Edit: I couldn't find any gimbal assemblies with camera for less than a couple hundred. A lot of gimbals without cameras for around $50. I could swear I watched a video where ba guy fixed his focus problem with a new camera for cheap.

Last edited:
You can try lightly tapping on the bottom of the camera. It might scoot whatever it is off the sensor.

Last edited:
I have this annoying spec inside of my camera and it has been ruining all my photos and videos. I have had the drone for over 30 days so I can't return it and I don't want to have to send it in to DJI. Has anyone taken the lens cover off to clean the inside at all. The spec is definitely not on the outside. It is driving me nuts. Here is a pic and it does the same on the videos.
7406e3d53eeadf7b5c1e741f9a34be4c.jpg
Which drone? Curious because the MA doesn’t have a lens cover, just a ring that you unscrew to put filters on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas