DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLEASE HELP ME!! :( :(

Sorry for the loss. Have you had a drone before? Flying that far away in a heavily urban area is very risky. You likely had significant radio interference which was causing the drone to get nefarious commands. It is not an exclusive radio frequency although it is proprietary between the unit and controller. I also strongly doubt you kept visual Sight of your drone or even line of sight as you were over 1.5 miles out. Once you lose line of sight, all bets are off. I noticed you went well over 400 feet? Obviously you turned off your limits. What other major settings did you change? If you find it, don't break rule one or two (visual and line of sight) in a heavily urban area and you will have better results. Bummer.

Yes, this is not my first drone, im pretty experienced with them, I admit I was perhaps pushing it to its limits but I thought I was still well within them. I had 18 satellites and strong connection with the drone. The 'incident' happened with almost no warning and by the time it did, there was nothing I could do to pull it out. Went door to door in the area again this morning with no luck.

What height did you have RTH set at?

I'm no msinger but I would look at the locations shown below. If your RTH wasn't set high enough it likely ran into one of these buildings when attempting RTH.

Image.jpg

Correction, based on your altitude of 378 ft when connection was lost, my first guess at the location is likely wrong. I don't think those buildings are high enough to cause a RTH problem, and upon closer path examination your mavic would likely miss them on the path home.

Google earth is showing construction in the area I have circled in the image below and a street view is showing some pretty tall buildings at this location. If these buildings are in the 400 ft size, maybe that would be a good place to look.

Image2.jpg

What a horrible flight, in the middle of a city, risking damaging property, or worse, injuring or killing people. Hopefully you didn't do neither.

Reactions: stratos
And the drone police have arrived again to bash another pilot.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Too bad its needed; grownups should understand the importance of safety without being told. But I guess not.

Too bad its needed; grownups should understand the importance of safety without being told. But I guess not.
Oh really? I looked at your posts and most of them are just bashing people. Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up.!!!!!! This is why allot of people who have problems on here dont post them. I have sure that you are the most safest person on this earth at whatever you do and have never put you or anyone else at risk !!

Yes, this is not my first drone, im pretty experienced with them, I admit I was perhaps pushing it to its limits but I thought I was still well within them. I had 18 satellites and strong connection with the drone. The 'incident' happened with almost no warning and by the time it did, there was nothing I could do to pull it out. Went door to door in the area again this morning with no luck.
You probably had a "false positive" signal strength. It was basically picking up other signals and interpreting them as yours. Msinger or a couple other members are magicians at finding lost drones. It probably got stuck behind
What height did you have RTH set at?

I'm no msinger but I would look at the locations shown below. If your RTH wasn't set high enough it likely ran into one of these buildings when attempting RTH.

View attachment 3026
He was at 398 feet when he lost signal so I doubt he hit those.

Correction, based on your altitude of 378 ft when connection was lost, my first guess at the location is likely wrong. I don't think those buildings are high enough to cause a RTH problem, and upon closer path examination your mavic would likely miss them on the path home.

Google earth is showing construction in the area I have circled in the image below and a street view is showing some pretty tall buildings at this location. If these buildings are in the 400 ft size, maybe that would be a good place to look.

View attachment 3031
Yep. Good work!

Don't see any bashing here. My comments were pointed at the dangers of urban flying. It'd a very radio "noisy" environment and you really NEED to keep line of sight of you want to be sure your drone comes back.

Reactions: superdave5050
Oh really? I looked at your posts and most of them are just bashing people. Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up.!!!!!! This is why allot of people who have problems on here dont post them. I have sure that you are the most safest person on this earth at whatever you do and have never put you or anyone else at risk !!

Oh grow up. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm merely stating the obvious; the importance of security when flying our drones. It's about time this forum got a bit of reality instilled into it; we are ALL bound to the common UAV rules and regulations that is more or less the same in every country. Not following those will kill our common hobby - or worse.

Reactions: royalhghnss
And your stating the obvious is bashing someone else. Hopefully you will NEVER have a problem and post it on here. Only then will you truly see how it feels when you ask for help and people put you down. Just sit back and wait for ur Mavic to clbe delivered. He already stated that he was pushing the limits, and he knows that. Reread this thread and see how many others have offered to help and 'not stating the obvious'..
Oh grow up. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm merely stating the obvious; the importance of security when flying our drones. It's about time this forum got a bit of reality instilled into it; we are ALL bound to the common UAV rules and regulations that is more or less the same in every country. Not following those will kill our common hobby - or worse.

Reactions: Jake Galloway
And your stating the obvious is bashing someone else. Hopefully you will NEVER have a problem and post it on here. Only then will you truly see how it feels when you ask for help and people put you down. Just sit back and wait for ur Mavic to clbe delivered. He already stated that he was pushing the limits, and he knows that. Reread this thread and see how many others have offered to help and 'not stating the obvious'..

Thank you.

I've tried looking for it at some of the suggested points too but my question is, wouldn't the gps have reconnected at some point if it had tried to fly home?

Also, looking at my logs, can anyone tell me (without a lecture on how I should be flying it) if the dji people who take a look at the logs will say it was my fault or if there's a chance that they look at it and say the drone malfunctioned in some way and maybe send me a new one? I know you can't know for sure but beyond my heinous besmirching of your good hobby (this is adressed to the less helpful among you so the rest of you kind and helpful individuals, please don't be offended) are they likely to assume some responsibility?

Thanks again guys!

Yep. Good work!
I'm at the construction site as we speak, hard to get in but from what I can see, I don't think it's likely to be here. Really wish it would be though, you have no idea how happy id be to find it. I miss her.

Thanks, how very helpful

If ONE risk taking dronie picks up my message in that post; that safety and following regulations should always be #1, I'll be overjoyed. :)

Anyho - Merry Christmas and fly safely! :)

Reactions: royalhghnss and uts
Thank you.

I've tried looking for it at some of the suggested points too but my question is, wouldn't the gps have reconnected at some point if it had tried to fly home?

Also, looking at my logs, can anyone tell me (without a lecture on how I should be flying it) if the dji people who take a look at the logs will say it was my fault or if there's a chance that they look at it and say the drone malfunctioned in some way and maybe send me a new one? I know you can't know for sure but beyond my heinous besmirching of your good hobby (this is adressed to the less helpful among you so the rest of you kind and helpful individuals, please don't be offended) are they likely to assume some responsibility?

Thanks again guys!
Not sure on the GPS. I did read on another thread of someone flying with Litchi on a mission and lost signal. The drone kepted flying the mission only cause it was program. It did fly back and regained signal after the mission brought it back in range. That would be something to consider when flying. I do hope that you find your drone.

Thank you.

Thanks again guys!

In order to perform the failsafe RTH, the Mavic would have had to reestablish GPS connection. In the last few seconds it was in ATTI mode with a 9-10 mph drift to the Northeast and it was holding an altitude of 378 ft. Fairly stable looking flight. There were plenty of satellites available, so theoretically it should have reestablished GPS and then performed the failsafe RTH. If your RTH height was set for less than 378 ft, I believe the Mavic would try to fly home at the current 378 ft height. If RTH height was set to higher, it would climb and then head for home. All this is if GPS mode was reestablished. Recommend you check areas around the highest buildings, cranes, towers etc along the direct path from the last known location to your home point.

In order to perform the failsafe RTH, the Mavic would have had to reestablish GPS connection. In the last few seconds it was in ATTI mode with a 9-10 mph drift to the Northeast and it was holding an altitude of 378 ft. Fairly stable looking flight. There were plenty of satellites available, so theoretically it should have reestablished GPS and then performed the failsafe RTH. If your RTH height was set for less than 378 ft, I believe the Mavic would try to fly home at the current 378 ft height. If RTH height was set to higher, it would climb and then head for home. All this is if GPS mode was reestablished. Recommend you check areas around the highest buildings, cranes, towers etc along the direct path from the last known location to your home point.[/QUOTE

You think I'm to blame or dji might be nice to me?

I am thinking about getting trackR for my Mavic Pro

Checkout - TrackR bravo

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Would be a poor investment as the device uses bluetooth low energy and crowd sourced gps . Which means the Bluetooth give you 100 feet of range and the crowd sourced GPS relies on others using the devices and app in a close proximity to the TrackR device

Marco Polo tracker will do up to two miles line of sight and there are no recurring fees. It also does not rely on GPS or Cellular connectivity.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman